Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Yes, I know--Gregg Evans is scum and knows nothing etc. etc. etc.

There's literally nothing there that hasn't come from other reports.

Other than Villa had a scout at the game and Gerrard and McAllister have discussed how they like him. Because, you know, they couldn't be made up.

:lol: Farcical

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Other than Villa had a scout at the game and Gerrard and McAllister have discussed how they like him. Because, you know, they couldn't be made up.

k.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He's such a fraud of a reporter. I don't hate the bloke, he's just trying to get by as a journalist, but he knows absolutely nothing. That story is just an amalgamation of every other report on the transfer by journalists that are a lot closer to the deal. 
Preece does the same, only, it looks a bit more trashy because it's the Birmingham Mail rather than the Athletic. At least he's a Villa fan. 

This sounds a very complicated deal to pull off. Sell on clause to Boca and the fact he's a regular starter at Juve. Plus if move for Vlahovic doesn't come off for Juve they might just pull the plug on this as no need to sell 

Just now, AshVilla said:

Time to move on to other targets i think if we haven't already.

Kamara available who is more the type of player we should be targeting or go all in for Bissouma.

I hope we can get Bentancur, the energy and workrate off the ball, elite passing skills are exactly what we need to anchor midified. Plus his wealth of experience at a young age is also a big asset. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I find that people berating different journalists for just doing their jobs and writing copy is really tedious tbh. Like a broken record. We all know Birmingham Mail is clickbait do we need to be told that 100 times a day? Do we need to be told Gregg doesn't have a clue and he's only compiling information from others. 

The answer is no, we don't need to. 

The record is beyond broken at this point. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I find that people berating different journalists for just doing their jobs and writing copy is really tedious tbh. Like a broken record. We all know Birmingham Mail is clickbait do we need to be told that 100 times a day? Do we need to be told Gregg doesn't have a clue and he's only compiling information from others. 

I do need to be reminded regularly that villareport posts absolute cobblers. It always brings a smile to my face. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Interestingly this was the chart posted a year ago when discussing cheick doucoure. Look who else is in the middle bracket.

Let me know if I've messed up the posting as this is my first attempt!20220125_073934.thumb.jpg.2f33e4bef05a53ae0b809491389e720f.jpg

And still no one has moved for Doucoure… very strange that.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

this might be for another topic but I'm a little tired of slagging of journalists in general. I know a lot work for private organisations that are clickbaity but journalism is still needed in society imo and we'd be a lot worse of in a world with no journalists imo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

this might be for another topic but I'm a little tired of slagging of journalists in general. I know a lot work for private organisations that are clickbaity but journalism is still needed in society imo and we'd be a lot worse of in a world with no journalists imo.

Agree to an extent, but most journalism when it comes to football is just complete trash and deserves to be called out. Sky have been the worst at it for years and finally people are taking notice. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Agree to an extent, but most journalism when it comes to football is just complete trash and deserves to be called out. Sky have been the worst at it for years and finally people are taking notice. 

Yes, there is journalism and "reporting". Quite different from one another.

I knew someone who worked for a scumbag national newspaper named after the centre of our solar system. Whilst surprised when he told me all stories were put through three legal teams, I wasn't surprised to learn that most the stories were written in "high journalism" language as befitting their qualifications, but then dumbed down by sub-editors to tabloid language.

No surprise either that he said the only thing fabricated were celebrity gossip (a photo of two people stood near each other can be speculated on) and transfer rumours (total speculation).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Villa know the fee is the difference from his last tweet. I think we're still looking at the options Bissouma, Bentancur and possibly Kamara. So we probably know we can pull one of them off and I'm happy with any of them tbh. Whatever the club thinks is the best achievable deal this window. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Villa know the fee is the difference from his last tweet. I think we're still looking at the options Bissouma, Bentancur and possibly Kamara. So we probably know we can pull one of them off and I'm happy with any of them tbh. Whatever the club thinks is the best achievable deal this window. 

Stop it now.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I would also be happy with any of the three you mention here. All great upgrades on what we have already. 

Although, I'm not sure we will be spending £40m on Bissouma, if he comes it will be for closer to £30m or not at all. The other two for the purported fees are unbelievable value. 

Â