Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

35 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

The offer has arrived...

Was it folded into a paper airplane and thrown by Lange all the way to Turin or something.

Unfortunately, as we know from the first book, Errol the owl, borrowed from the Weasley family, is rather unreliable when delivering important transfer messages. 

When the club heard of his demise somewhere over the Alps, they had to wheel out the next in line, the trusty fax machine to get the offer to Juve in good order. 

13 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i'm so glad that we appear to have turned a corner and waited for a player to kick a ball for us before judging them

I think you are confusing  judgement with trepidation.

Its ok to feel this way as much as to be excited 

Edited by Nigel

Just now, Steero113 said:

Unfortunately, as we know from the first book, Errol the owl, borrowed from the Weasley family, is rather unreliable when delivering important transfer messages. 

When the club heard of his demise somewhere over the Alps, they had to wheel out the next in line, the trusty fax machine to get the offer to Juve in good order. 

I swear football clubs communicate like the Amish. Takes so long to prepare bids and make bids and for bids to arrive. I can only assume Lange has ridden by horse to Dover, has got the boat over to Calais and has now arrived in Turin and is shouting the offer at Juve’s training ground from a giant scroll. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i find this window fascinating.

In 5 years we have gone from signing Nyland, Carroll, Bree, Onomah, Tshibola, Elphick, Adomah, De laet, McCormack, Hogan etc etc...........

TO.....

in the last couple of years........Bailey, Buendia, Digne, Coutinho, Ings, Mings, Martinez, Cash, Konsa etc etc....

AND......

Seriously debating whether a Uruguayan International with 45 caps, having played 133 times for Juventus.......is quite good enough for our central midfield.

What a time to be alive :)

Harsh on Albert.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

If someone had have told me at the start of the transfer window that we were going to try and sign Bentancur I wouldn't have believed it possible, if he'd have been linked to any Premier League side other than one of the traditional 'top six' I would have doubted it. If he signs he will be our best midfielder, and one of our very best players, probably the biggest signing in terms of profile and potential of the last ten years other than Coutinho.

Another signing if it happens that will help us to attract other top players.

BuT JuVE faNS saY he'S ShiT

1 minute ago, MrSmirch said:

Lange needs to get to grips with modern scouting. Forget stats, data, the eye test. 

WHAT ARE THE FANS ON TWITTER SAYING?

what a load of nonsense mate, seriously, check yourself.

What you mean to say is:

WHAT ARE THE FANS ON TWITTER DRIBBLING?

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I swear football clubs communicate like the Amish. Takes so long to prepare bids and make bids and for bids to arrive. I can only assume Lange has ridden by horse to Dover, has got the boat over to Calais and has now arrived in Turin and is shouting the offer at Juve’s training ground from a giant scroll. 

Juve when he finally gets there on his horse:

Monty Python Mock GIF - Monty Python Mock Mocking - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I must say, I am baffled by the amount of trepidation surrounding this potential signing, based from a few Juve fans cheering the move. 

You have to bear in mind that Juve are in a different stratosphere to us currently. Their dominance in Serie A in recent years is incredible, and he had played a big part in that. Their level and bar is probably much higher than ours currently. This is akin to signing a Man City regular, for context. 

Also, an absolute wealth of international pedigree and only 24. 

I trust AVFC and Gerrard that they know what they’re doing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

I must say, I am baffled by the amount of trepidation surrounding this potential signing, based from a few Juve fans cheering the move. 

You have to bear in mind that Juve are in a different stratosphere to us currently. Their dominance in Serie A in recent years is incredible, and he had played a big part in that. Their level and bar is probably much higher than ours currently. This is akin to signing a Man City regular, for context. 

Also, an absolute wealth of international pedigree and only 24. 

I trust AVFC and Gerrard that they know what they’re doing. 

I’m not ;)

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Legend has it Lange only travels by Palanquin carried by 4 virgins. 

Edited by birdman

Â