Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

55 minutes ago, Indigo said:

This whole "yeah but Juve are 7th so it doesn't mean anything" is just baffling to me, as if every season prior to this one is an irrelevance. He's played for them more often than he hasn't and in the process collected 3 Serie A titles and 2 Coppa Italias, and at international level has just shy of 50 caps for a side that aren't exactly too shabby in that area of the pitch at the mere age of 24. In addition, all the elements of his play fall exactly in line with what fans have been crying out for in a signing and have evidently been recognised by Villa's data analysis and recruitment team, and they're apparently going to get the deal done for a sum that in modern football terms is more than reasonable when you take all of this into account.

But yeah, shite signing on paper because some Juve fans online don't like him. I despair.

He also starred at the last World Cup and had a really good tournament 

8 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Fingers crossed we can get Bentancur, then in a year’s time certain posters can look back on the first few pages of this thread and cringe with embarrassment.

He could be the second coming of Sergio Busquets and some would refuse to change their views.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ejs1111 said:

trust the VENN. 

When we were talking about Saar and Doucoure as DMs over the summer.  Take a look at this Venn Diagram...  Look who else is in the middle of the Venn. 

VENN.jpg

This is REALLY interesting.  Thanks for posting.  It is interesting that Dougie is on this list considering some of the talk on here.  I'm just thinking that it is entirely possible that we could have a midfield trio of Luiz (retention), Bentancur (everything) and JJ (progression) on an U24 equivalent.  I guess my only slight concern is that with Dougie pushed forward we might end up with him and JJ more in the Retention / Progression sector and we don't have an obvious option in the blue Ball Winning circle.  But if we are looking to boss possession more and excel in the on retention and progression side - maybe having 3 players with decent stats in the blue sector is sufficient.

Just now, gwi1890 said:

He could be the second coming of Sergio Busquets and some would refuse to change their views.

Or it would just prove that if we had gone for AN Other instead then they would have been even better because they were clearly the better player at the time so would have been even more amazing had we signed them instead.

• Haha 1

Theres so much negativity around this player but we have to consider that our management team consists of 2 of the best premier league midfielders you could wish for and i am sure they do know a player when they see one. 

If they in conjunction with our scouting system believe he can do a good job then brilliant.  They turned Glen Kamara into a really decent player. 

If we look at the players we have targetted so far they are all players that have done the Champions League. They have ticked that box so to speak. With Bissouma maybe thats what he wants at this stage of his career. 

We also do not know if they actually do rate Sanson and if Dougie is going to stop with us .

Remember Purslows words before Man utd at home when he said they want to finish up the league as far as possible in preparation for a big summer. 

This might be a piece of a jigsaw rather than the often lauded and rarely seen top dm we all crave. 

50 minutes ago, Wes said:

Think it's going to come down to if Juve want money now (selling Bentancur) or are happy to simply reduce wagebill for time being (Arthur to Arsenal).
Then once that's been finalised, have to convince the player as previously stated.

Looks like it's dependent on Juve getting the lad from Cagliari as well.

Couldn't give less of a shit what Juve fans are saying. From what I've seen of the player, his pedigree, profile, style of play, the qualities we need at Aston Villa right now, the track record of our recruitment team etc...I'm not sweating this signing one bit. In fact, I'm quietly excited about it. We're basically getting another Douglas Luiz, at a similar age, similar price range, but WAY more top level experience. Who would turn that down?

• Like 2

I just don't understand the negativity. He has played close to 180 games for Juventus, has 45 caps for Uruguay, and isn't even 25 for another 5 months.

I'm guessing all of the manager's that have picked him have only done it because they don't want to hurt his feelings? 

Douglas Luiz is a good player, but I don't see Juventus tapping us up to bring him in as Bentancur's replacement. Given how much better Luiz is being made out to be on here, I'm surprised Juventus aren't demanding him in exchange.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ejs1111 said:

trust the VENN. 

When we were talking about Sarr and Doucoure as DMs over the summer.  Take a look at this Venn Diagram...  Look who else is in the middle of the Venn. 

VENN.jpg

On 09/01/2022 at 12:49, Tomaszk said:

I think Guimaraes from Lyon would be better for us across the next four years than Bissouma.

Yep. Bruno Guimaraes would be a great buy :)

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, ejs1111 said:

trust the VENN. 

When we were talking about Sarr and Doucoure as DMs over the summer.  Take a look at this Venn Diagram...  Look who else is in the middle of the Venn. 

VENN.jpg

Yeah but @elephantpoo on a juve forum said Bentancur was crap, so I'm going to believe him. You can't change my mind with these evidence-based arguments. 

• Haha 1

Choosing to take the word of a few isolated fans of a certain team as gospel is doubly wild to me when you consider that you frequent this forum where people are telling fellow Villa fans that they're talking shite every day.😂

Â