Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I just don't understand the negativity. He has played close to 180 games for Juventus, has 45 caps for Uruguay, and isn't even 25 for another 5 months.

I'm guessing all of the manager's that have picked him have only done it because they don't want to hurt his feelings? 

Douglas Luiz is a good player, but I don't see Juventus tapping us up to bring him in as Bentancur's replacement. Given how much better Luiz is being made out to be on here, I'm surprised Juventus aren't demanding him in exchange.

I'm not sure many people are saying that Luiz is better.  But looking at the Venn diagram - having Luiz and Bentancur would be absolutely amazing.  Two of the best U23 midfielders (last year) in European top flight football playing together...  wow!!!!

Just now, villan-scott said:

I’ve been pondering, and would Rodri be a good comparison? Bentancur was linked around the same time they signed Rodri. Tall, ball playing defensive midfielder, who reads the game well, and distributes well. 

From what i have read they thought he was very like Matic a few years ago

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

These comments about Bentancur from Juve fans reminds me of every Man United supporter complaining about Fred being the worst player in the history of football.  

Its all relative. I think Fred would walk into our first XI, but is slated by united fans. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Seems odd that we would even be attempting to sign him without some indication from his camp that he would be interested in joining. 

Yeah we aren’t Arsenal who were sure Vlahovic wanted to join them despite him and his agent completely refusing to take their calls.

Just now, jacketspuds said:

I just don't understand the negativity. He has played close to 180 games for Juventus, has 45 caps for Uruguay, and isn't even 25 for another 5 months.

I'm guessing all of the manager's that have picked him have only done it because they don't want to hurt his feelings? 

Douglas Luiz is a good player, but I don't see Juventus tapping us up to bring him in as Bentancur's replacement. Given how much better Luiz is being made out to be on here, I'm surprised Juventus aren't demanding him in exchange.

Aside from the usual wind-ups who just post for a reaction every time they log on, I don't think the "negativity" is too bad to be honest. It's certainly not as visceral as the complaints about all the negativity (not your post particularly).

People are posting opinions on a player on a discussion forum. Shock.

My "complaints" if you will, are more about the sort of player he is than much on his ability. What you say is correct. That many games for Juve/Uruguay...he can't be that bad.

I certainly don't put too much into what some loud online Juve fans say. Do you? If you don't, great. Keep ignoring them.

I'm still excited even if I don't think he's the player the team is missing. Signing a starting player from Juve! Looking forward to seeing him in the team because I think this will happen.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Seems odd that we would even be attempting to sign him without some indication from his camp that he would be interested in joining. 

An indication of something doesn't always lead to the outcome you expect.  

I've heard a rumour, that's all. Whether it turns out to be true we'll find out soon enough.

28 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I’ve been pondering, and would Rodri be a good comparison? Bentancur was linked around the same time they signed Rodri. Tall, ball playing defensive midfielder, who reads the game well, and distributes well. 

Apparently the Atletico fans were saying good riddance when they sold him. Football fans hey?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently the Atletico fans were saying good riddance when they sold him. Football fans hey?

There's probably a bit of the not wanting to be hurt that a player has left in postings.  A bit like saying to your mates "well she was a **** girlfriend anyway and I was going to dump her but I was worried that her great aunt had just died so it seemed too cruel" when you are dumped by your girlf (who secretly you were about to propose to because she was amazing).

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

I couldn’t find Bissouma in this diagram. Did I miss something?

The diagram is for players 23 and under I believe

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If I’m not mistaken some of the same folks who appear to have taken issue with this potential signing were also desperate for us to sign Rashica two summers ago……….

Ok we are delusional f***ers on here, we get it. 
giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ermk7gng1yiq5bhl12

Edited by CarryOnVilla

21 minutes ago, Xela said:

The diagram is for players 23 and under I believe

As of today I think Bentancur is 24 and Bissouma 25 so are you sure this list is for 23 and under ? Also is there a similar diagram for over 23? What other explanations are there for Bentancur being on and Bissouma not?

Â