Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

12 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Because DL’s best position is not No. 6. In the Brazilian National team he plays alongside Casemires who is a world class No. 6. DL seems to be selected because his passing and work rate is important to their attack. So this position should be an option for Villa also - good enough for Brazil good enough for us.

I agree.....and something, I have been saying for some time, but some Vters just pick up on my opinion of his shortfalls....as a convenient method to argue.

Due to the fact our squad is short of a high class CDM .....Doug has to fill in....and has done, without complaint, to my knowledge, that is credit to him.

It could well be the reason he is reluctant to sign a new contract....maybe he feels, he is in the wrong position too...just speculating there.

I know the club are now trying to remedy that situation, but it has gone on for too long....while many other clubs in the Prem' have dealt with the role, adequately.

I hope we can find one this window.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I agree.....and something, I have been saying for some time, but some Vters just pick up on my opinion of his shortfalls....as a convenient method to argue.

Due to the fact our squad is short of a high class CDM .....Doug has to fill in....and has done, without complaint, to my knowledge, that is credit to him.

It could well be the reason he is reluctant to sign a new contract....maybe he feels, he is in the wrong position too...just speculating there.

I know the club are now trying to remedy that situation, but it has gone on for too long....while many other clubs in the Prem' have dealt with the role, adequately.

I hope we can find one this window.

I agree. SG has said he wants two players for each position. So looking at the midfield 3 in a 4:3:3 formation we would have Bentancur/Nakamba as No 6 then select any two from DL, McG, Ramsey and Sanson for the other positions.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PerryBarrPet said:

I agree. SG has said he wants two players for each position. So looking at the midfield 3 in a 4:3:3 formation we would have Bentancur/Nakamba as No 6 then select any two from DL, McG, Ramsey and Sanson for the other positions.

I think we’ll lose Sanson and Luiz in the Summer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Because the Lyon fans told them he was shit so people jumped on the bandwagon and will look stupid now to admit they were wrong 😂

15 goal contributions in one season is shit then please sign more shit players. 

As far as Bentancur, 40 caps for Uruguay at 24 is nuts. If the going price is really only ~£25 million then why not. Young enough to have resell value, increases overall quality of the squad, I'm struggling to see a downside. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Strange that we are looking to fill the DCM spot with someone who has played the position less that 20 times in his career and whose manager stated he is not good playing there. 

Sure people are crying for Bissouma to do the same thing when he has barely played there himself for Brighton 

• Like 2

Â