Lucas Digne

villan-scott

1 minute ago, djdabush said:

Agree he was very good again. Think whether he stays depends on whether the club can stomach his wages being spent on a rotation option and if they can't, whether we can find a team who will pay them.

This. If we can offload and recoup some money then great but if not he'd be an excellent rotation option for a season where we're likely to have a lot more games than we're used to.

Got into a couple of good crossing positions today, and then had the ball to him played either behind him or past him. Decent performance though.

Edited by Tom13

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Got into a couple of good crossing positions today, and then had the ball to him played either behind him or past him. Decent performance though.

Yeah, he really grew into the game. Once he shook off the cobwebs he was good. 

22 minutes ago, Mantis said:

This. If we can offload and recoup some money then great but if not he'd be an excellent rotation option for a season where we're likely to have a lot more games than we're used to.

I think he's good around the squad for his experience. Especially if we want to rest mings/Carlos for games in Europe. Just an old head in the back line to keep things calm. No what to do under pressure. Communicate, give advice is really important. Obviously potentially young will still be here to do that but I also wouldn't want to rely on him. 

43 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He was great today, no question. It’s just a shame he’s on €70m a year. 

Bargain

• Haha 1

I think the hefty cost that came with him has made him quite underrated by a lot of the fan base as it's blurred the perception of him. He's still a quality player, just has different qualities to Moreno whose more marauding style suits the current system more. Digne was impressive today though and I'm happy to have him around, this is where having good depth in the squad can get you.

• Like 1

I'd keep him now that we're in Europe. He'd help being rotated in the league as well. I'd consider offers that comes to him though. Him and Coutinho could free some space in our wage bill. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The_Steve said:

That’s awesome! 

Ambition is one thing but hoping for a top 7 finish while Stephen Gerrard is your manager is stupidity. Clearly demonstrates that he’s not right in the head, Digne out. :trollface:

Was great today. 

Â