Lucas Digne

villan-scott

On 03/03/2022 at 06:11, TRO said:

Whats wrong with that?, its called opinions.....doesn't make the person who compiled the lequipe team right.

I mean lets be fair here.....one of the centre backs is a CATastrophe.

That's the beauty of stats. They don't care about opinions or people half watching the game or watching with pre conceived notions about players. 

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

Serious question as I don't know the answer. If they feel alright and don't have any issue can they not play? 

I imagine the risk is giving it to other players who may have a different reaction.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Didn't miss him at all

Yes I'm not sure I'd want to start Young again do he probably comes back in. Which is part of the problem I guess.

He's come here huge pay rise he hasn't earned the starting spot he doesn't really need to fight for his spot and he's been absolutely awful. Bone idle and really really poor quality.

Southampton didn't have a proper winger to run at Young. They had Armstrong who is their version of Ramsey and then a full-back that was pushed up.

It played into Young's hands. 

Young did well yesterday but I’d hope Digne is fit to come back in be Leeds as I feel they’ll run at Young more. However, it’ll depend on when he tested positive. Pretty sure he was splashed all over the OS in a big interview midweek so you’d presume after that. If the club are sticking to 5 days isolation then negative tests on days 5 and 6 then he’ll do well to be ready for Leeds on Thursday, as not everyone gets their negative tests that soon (I’m on Day 4 today and expecting another positive). 

edit: and he’d have to be fit enough to play too which would depend on what the Covid has been like for him!

Edited by chappy

On 05/03/2022 at 03:56, Kiwivillan said:

That's the beauty of stats. They don't care about opinions or people half watching the game or watching with pre conceived notions about players. 

No they don't.......They just create controvesy of how they are compiled.😜

E.g In most cases no one can agree, of how long a river is.

22 hours ago, May-Z said:

Southampton didn't have a proper winger to run at Young. They had Armstrong who is their version of Ramsey and then a full-back that was pushed up.

It played into Young's hands. 

Not true. Wasn't a single hand ball all game. 

On 02/03/2022 at 10:54, Zatman said:

People are actually critical of his attacking play as thats what he was brought in for. Since he signed Cash has actually got better attacking stats

Of the 3 that have played this season of Digne, Cash and Targett then Digne has the worst attacking stats

Depends how you look at it. He's got the worst attacking output, he hasn't got the worst attacking stats.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not sure what Digne has done to get on people's bad side.

He's been fine since he came. He's only played 6 games so he's probably still settling as well.

He's a clear upgrade on Targett

The price tag sets expectations unfortunately, you expect 25 million left backs to be impressing every game whereas hes not really done that so far, still veyr early days though.

Hasnt helped that Targett has gone to Newcastle and seems to have added 10% to his game that wasnt there this season for us.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Depends how you look at it. He's got the worst attacking output, he hasn't got the worst attacking stats.

His crossing stats are abysmal, In the Leeds, Newcastle and Watford games he made 32 crosses combined and 4 were accurate. 

He has had 3 games with a below 70% pass accuracy 

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

His crossing stats are abysmal, In the Leeds, Newcastle and Watford games he made 32 crosses combined and 4 were accurate. 

Yet his xG and xA per 90 for Villa are comparable to Cash and Targett. Better in some cases.

And he's played 6 games. It's very early days.

I know you've been dead against this signing since the start so you'll be trying very hard to discredit him, but his stats are fine but I'd expect them to get better

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not sure what Digne has done to get on people's bad side.

He's been fine since he came. He's only played 6 games so he's probably still settling as well.

He's a clear upgrade on Targett

However much we can rationally expect it to take half a season or so for someone to settle into a new team, Villa fans will always assume that if it doesn’t happen immediately it never will. See: pretty much every signing :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Goal creating actions per90

Cash 0.2
Digne 0.17
Targett 0.06

Average Pass completion

Targett 74.4%
Digne 71.7%
Cash 69.0%

xGI per 90

Digne 0.17
Cash 0.16
Targett 0.13

Key passes per 90

Digne 1.8 (highest in the Villa squad)
Targett 1.2
Cash 0.8

Granted I can't find cross completion stats, but clearly his stats aren't awful. They're considerably better than Targett in every area except Pass completion. And they're better than Cash in every area except for GCA

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Goal creating actions per90

Cash 0.2
Digne 0.17
Targett 0.06

Average Pass completion

Targett 74.4%
Digne 71.7%
Cash 69.0%

xGI per 90

Digne 0.17
Cash 0.16
Targett 0.13

Key passes per 90

Digne 1.8 (highest in the Villa squad)
Targett 1.2
Cash 0.8

Granted I can't find cross completion stats, but clearly his stats aren't awful. They're considerably better than Targett in every area except Pass completion. And they're better than Cash in every area except for GCA

For such small samples, I think GCA isn't the best stat. Digne literally only has 1 GCA so far for us. SCA would be better.

SCA per 90

Cash 1.61
Digne 2.54
Targett 1.70

fbref doesn't record cross completion stats, but whoscored does.

Cash 22% crossing accuracy
Targett 27% crossing accuracy
Digne 19% crossing accuracy

Â