Match Thread: FAC3: Man Utd v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

From the Guardian live blog - shame they are too cowardly to call it for it is

PWZJx3N.png

I've watched it about a dozen times now, and Ramsey does shuffle over a bit to block Cavani's path, so in isolation I can see the justification. It ceretainly felt like they were just going to keep going until they found something though. 

If we are honest, as much as I love them, our fullbacks, are exactly what they are, as we bought them ain't they?

Championship Fullbacks, who probably top out at Mid Table / Lower PL consistently.

Although on their day then can play with the best, just not consistently.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

He was watching Cavani all the way in. He should have been ready to track the run not block it. 

Why would an attacking player track a defending players run? 

Ramsey doesn't have to do anything 

Edit - other than move out of the way apparently 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Careful mate, you're using too much common sense there. We need more calls of "CORRUPTION" and "ROBBERY" from people who dont know the rules.

If that's the case and it was all so obvious, why didn't the ref see it? Why did it take VAR 4 minutes to see it and make the call?

The game of football is NOT that complicated. If it takes that long to rule a goal out, it should **** stand on principle.

In fact that should be a new rule - if VAR can't reasonably rule it out within 1 minute of reviewing the tape, the goal should stand.