Yves Bissouma

Corleone

7 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

Who are the most reliable journalist for us these days anyway?

Tom Collomosse and Percy still maybe?

It seems like more of the journalist that are based abroad have more of a scoop on us these days...

Villa Report

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, thunderball said:

We will get one, it’s been said that despite Kamara we wanted Philips. What odds on JWP?

Too expensive I would say. Saints would want £50m. I imagine his release clause is close to that figure anyway. 

13 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don’t rate Greg as a reporter, nor do I think he has the inside track but he is very adamant about Bissouma in that post. To the point where he knows he’s staking his reputation on it.

Think this one is off. 

I rate the information he has access to at the Athletic. I believe he knows players who are on our shortlist to sign especially when it involves other Premier League clubs. Also he had said ages ago Kalvin Phillips, Bissouma and Kamara were options we were looking at for CDM and we got Kamara. Grealish last summer. 

To say we're not interested probably means we aren't. Milner had offers from two other Prem clubs but signed a new deal at Liverpool. I'd say we were one of them. I think what we need and what Gerrard wants is an experienced leader ie 29+ to come in as an 8.

I think when Gerrard looks at Kamara, Nakamba, Iroegbunam, Chambers even, he feels he has enough in CDM now. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I rate the information he has access to at the Athletic. I believe he knows players who are on our shortlist to sign especially when it involves other Premier League clubs. Also he had said ages ago Kalvin Phillips, Bissouma and Kamara were options we were looking at for CDM and we got Kamara. Grealish last summer. 

To say we're not interested probably means we aren't. Milner had offers from two other Prem clubs but signed a new deal at Liverpool. I'd say we were one of them. I think what we need and what Gerrard wants is an experienced leader ie 29+ to come in as an 8.

I think when Gerrard looks at Kamara, Nakamba, Iroegbunam, Chambers even, he feels he has enough in CDM now. 

If that’s the case then we’ll struggle again next year in the middle of the park. We need another defensive midfielder and if we don’t get one, we need a defensive minded no.8 like JWP. 

3 of the players you mention there aren’t good enough to play as a defensive midfielder for a team hoping to finish in the top 10, let alone the top 7. The other is an unproven youngster who’s never played in the PL.

It would be a disaster if we didn’t add another defensive midfielder. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If that’s the case then we’ll struggle again next year in the middle of the park. We need another defensive midfielder and if we don’t get one, we need a defensive minded no.8 like JWP. 

3 of the players you mention there aren’t good enough to play as a defensive midfielder for a team hoping to finish in the top 10, let alone the top 7. The other is an unproven youngster who’s never played in the PL.

It would be a disaster if we didn’t add another defensive midfielder. 

I get the feeling in this case it's because Brighton are playing hardball and asking for a price too high for him. I assume plenty of clubs have shown an interest in him and so it's in Brighton's best interests to wait. Also if I were them I'd refuse to sell the player to a direct rival and by that I mean any team in Prem outside the Big 6. So I assume for example Spurs could get Brighton to drop their asking price near the end of the window and the deal gets done. Teams who are direct rivals will want to sell to anyone else bar their rivals. 

To us, it's no longer worth pursuing the player and we are better served looking at our other targets on the list. It's a very sensible way to do business. Especially given the lessons of JWP and Southampton. It's disappointing to lots of us, but far less so than if we stayed after him and never got him or another 8.

11 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Not sure if we in or out but. 2 weeks ago we were leading the chase, SG goes on holiday and declares he'll have a bit of a break, SG still on holiday but now were no longer interested.

The wonders of the modern telephone. 

25 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Not sure if we in or out but. 2 weeks ago we were leading the chase, SG goes on holiday and declares he'll have a bit of a break, SG still on holiday but now were no longer interested.

That came from 90m.com and was rereported by Birmingham mail. I can't say it's too reliable. It could have meant Villa came back to Brighton to reengage with them about Bissouma and then have now decided a deal will not be possible and have moved on to next target in the position.

29 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I know there's the SG turning up at people's houses stuff but in reality SG wont be doing the negotiations with brighton or his agent

that's then on to Lange and Purslow, SG's role will be incredibly limited so him being on holiday wont mean a lot

14 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

But other Athletic reporters wouldn't be aware of our intentions. They may understand Brighton and Ornstein has a good relationship with Arsenal if he thinks they're likely to make a bid or more likely to win Bissouma's signature.

But that doesn't cover our clubs intentions and who is on our list.

I'd guess Ornstein has more connections at villa and people generally in the know than Gregg tbh. 

9 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Knowing VT, there will be at least another 20 pages of users repeating themselves before we can finally lock this one up. 

Critchley leads training. Gerrard signs the players. We need a holding midfielder.

Â