Yves Bissouma

Corleone

It's not really a surprise that clubs would be waiting until after the conclusion of his court wranglings on Wednesday. Assuming he gets fully released without conditions,  and the charges dropped, you've still got to wait for a fee to be agreed between the clubs (Brighton/ Arsenal/ villa/ other may not have even entertained negotiations until this point). 

If Arsenal have a preference for Tielemans, and Bissouma can't be persuaded anywhere else until he's certain arsenal don't want him, this could end up being the saga of the summer.

Or, he'll drop everything to come and work for Villa when Gerrard visits his pad.

26 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

If Arsenal have a preference for Tielemans, and Bissouma can't be persuaded anywhere else until he's certain arsenal don't want him, this could end up being the saga of the summer.

Or, he'll drop everything to come and work for Villa when Gerrard visits his pad.

Not necessarily. Gerrard knocked on my door the other day and tried to sell me a Liverpool scarf and keyring. I told him to **** off. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'd like Bissouma as he's the right sort of player we need, but there's plenty of his type around at the moment so if he doesn't want to come, no biggie.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Anything11 said:

I was on the fence about him holding out and taking his time but he clearly is angling for a move to Arsenal. Don't blame him with regard to what stages both projects are at.

However, I now hope he never gets his move there and is forced to stay with Brighton as they do a Burnley and fire Harry Potter during a regular down spell and then get relegated. Just because I am a childish sports fan. 

I hope Arsenal pay a large sum for Bissouma, who is then sentenced to at least three years in jail.

On 23/05/2022 at 19:10, tyklip said:

@ender4 @7392craig @DaveAV1

So I think there are two dimensions here. There is the reality (IMO) one: McGinn is going to be in the first 11 next year for most games. It's just a description (based on a bit of speculation). 

Then there is the 2nd dimension, a prescriptive one: *should* McGinn be in the first 11. I was only making a point about the 1st dimension. I'm happy to bet! 

But if you want to know my view on the 2nd (I'm sure you all can't wait!): I am always a little surprised at how much stick McGinn gets on here. He has a well-rounded game.

Consistency is the issue here and John can get caught on the ball due to his iffy ball control......Great, when he's great, but consistency is key.

playing further forward and having insurance behind him, we may see a more aggressive/ascertive McGinn.

I still worry about his ability to stay on the ball in a challenge.

56 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I hope Arsenal pay a large sum for Bissouma, who is then sentenced to at least three years in jail.

Wow....That seems a solution to our issues.

Does Arsenal even want Bissouma? I haven't seen him linked with them except from a season or two ago. It's reminding me of that time Zaha was pretty much begging Arsenal to sign him, yet they didn't even open talks with Palace at the time.

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

Does Arsenal even want Bissouma? I haven't seen him linked with them except from a season or two ago. It's reminding me of that time Zaha was pretty much begging Arsenal to sign him, yet they didn't even open talks with Palace at the time.

I dont even think he is good enough to be a starter for them. Xhaka and Partey are better, arguably Elneny is a better option

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Not necessarily. Gerrard knocked on my door the other day and tried to sell me a Liverpool scarf and keyring. I told him to **** off. 

I don't believe that.....😎

3 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Which day mate? he was round mine hassling the Mrs to buy some lucky Heather and have the  drive tarmacked last Friday 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont even think he is good enough to be a starter for them. Xhaka and Partey are better, arguably Elneny is a better option

I think he'll do alright for them, but I don't see them wanting him. They want Tielemans or a midfielder of that mold, also they have Lokonga who at this point is not near Bissoumas level but he is young enough to model his game after his/Parteys

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If they have ideas of replacing Xhaka with someone to play alongside Partey, they need a good passer. So probably not Bissouma.

13 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Surely we can close this one off now? Not even a single link to him since Jan and he isn’t interested anyway 😂

We have been linked 

Bissouma is keen on Arsenal, like i'm keen on getting a Bugatti as my next car. 

Not gonna happen sunshine. 

Â