Yves Bissouma

Corleone

Makes sense. Spurs don't have a lot of Midfielders that they play CM, even if it feels like they're stacked.

Højberg, Bentancur are fine. Then they're down to Skipp and Winks. Paper Matar Sarr due to join off loan too but he'll probably replace Winks in the hierarchy.

Bissouma makes perfect sense for them, they're back in the Champions League and they probably did have a gap for another.

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Villa showing an interest in a player and it being reported. Just because we held an interest in McNeill and didn't sign him doesn't mean Gregg was wrong. 

Are you friends or related to him, you are always very defensive towards him? Given he’s mocked or ignored by most on here because he doesn’t seem to be in the know you are just an outlier in being positive about him.  Just curious?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Are you friends or related to him, you are always very defensive towards him? Given he’s mocked or ignored by most on here because he doesn’t seem to be in the know you are just an outlier in being positive about him.  Just curious?

I defend him because of the ridiculous number of people who denigrate him on here without any real cause. It's because he is a West Brom supporter basically. So I am calling out these posters. It's celar when some people don;t like x person it's all in, 100% everything is bad wrong about the persion. Everything is binary, x is great or x is shit.  

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Evans will get solid info from other reporters from the Athletic. In this instance, I imagine he was told he was off to Spurs or heard something along those lines and it’s an easy enough headline to write that we have ‘moved on’.

Evans will always know certain things through other people. The Athletic are fairly well connected. He’ll get nothing out of Villa. 

Then there is Preece who just makes everything up without an extended network. 

Our top journo’s are Collomosse, Maher, Delphinho123, and Percy. And even Percy doesn’t seem to be getting much these days. We’re likely to here most stories through foreign sources who seem to hear things way before anybody in this country does!

It’s ok, this is all a bluff. Surprise singing out of nowhere for Delphinho Wednesday 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

I defend him because of the ridiculous number of people who denigrate him on here without any real cause. It's because he is a West Brom supporter basically. So I am calling out these posters. It's celar when some people don;t like x person it's all in, 100% everything is bad wrong about the persion. Everything is binary, x is great or x is shit.  

I give him shit because all his information is already out there, be it from other outlets or other Athletic reporters. Most of the links he gives us pretty much end with him. No one else picks them up and we never sign them. 

as for Bissouma, it was already stated somewhere else that he was only interested in CL football, so it’s pretty clear we were not in for the running. So his info was still second hand. 

he knows as much as we do, but because he works for the Athletic he gets a pass from some. Not me tho, it’s a hard no. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886bryrk1m4uic9195hl7

As I said before, Bissouma would have suited us but there's more than a few like him out there and I think we moved on from him since Jan anyway.
So it's a good deal for Spurs, who don't really need him to be fair but they've always stacked midfielders.

We'll have some excellent targets lined up I'm sure. A box to box guy who can cover Kamara and link up with the front guys / Ramsey.

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Evans will get solid info from other reporters from the Athletic. In this instance, I imagine he was told he was off to Spurs or heard something along those lines and it’s an easy enough headline to write that we have ‘moved on’.

Evans will always know certain things through other people. The Athletic are fairly well connected. He’ll get nothing out of Villa. 

Then there is Preece who just makes everything up without an extended network. 

Our top journo’s are Collomosse, Maher, Delphinho123, and Percy. And even Percy doesn’t seem to be getting much these days. We’re likely to here most stories through foreign sources who seem to hear things way before anybody in this country does!

Not all bullshitters are football journalists but all football journalists are bullshitters

Its silly season and these guys are merely pawns 

Just now, Zatman said:

He seemed to be the only midfielder for some on here last season. Hopefully our scouting team have more creativity

Will be happy to see this go to Other Football 

Based on the last couple of summers maybe not 

There was an element of just get someone in with Bissouma, our midfield kills us and i might be wrong here but even though the Bissouma links weren't that strong they were our best links so far this summer 

5 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Very good signing for £25m, I thought they'd get more for him.

I think he's entering the last year of his contract, and so the price is always likely to be lower than if he had several years left to run.

I believe we had an interest in January when we thought a deal could be done and at a decent price, we saw good value, it didn't happen for whatever reason and now he's going for a bit cheaper there are more clubs interested.

It's not the end of the world, he's decent and it seems a fair price, but there's plenty of very good midfielders out there and I'm sure we are keeping an eye on a long list of them.  

Â