Yves Bissouma

Corleone

59 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I mentioned this earlier and I'll reiterate one more time, I don't think Bissouma would have been allowed to leave the country if this allegation was either serious or would lead to a prosecution. 

Whilst it would suggest that the offence does not carry a significant chance of a custodial sentence, many many people who are on bail do not have travel restrictions placed on them and it has no bearing on the outcome of the investigation. It depends on whether it is thought they are likely to flee. 

• Like 2

£40 million that’s a joke. Why do we get so excited about other teams so called best players ? We have Bailey, who gets better the less he plays, Buendia who to be fair is improving but has done nothing to justify his fee and now we are desperate to sign a player who looks decent in a shit team and might be subject to some law enforcement in the near future. There must be better out there.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Zakaria will probably cost about the same in terms of wages, agents fees, signing bonus being on a bosman  in the summer. No such thing as a free transfer nowadays in reality. Plus Bissouma knows the league which is a massive bonus. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Zakaria will probably cost about the same in terms of wages, agents fees, signing bonus being on a bosman  in the summer. No such thing as a free transfer nowadays in reality. Plus Bissouma knows the league which is a massive bonus. 

Also, we have had no links to Zakaria (unfortunately)…

23 minutes ago, thabucks said:

He’s almost certainly going to Utd, but if not it’ll be another UCL club on massive wages. We’re simply not in the running for Zakaria. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Anyone actually claim they've seen Zakaria play?
And no youtube, FM, Fifa dont count 

He has played in the World Cup, the Euros, the Champions League and the Bundesliga has always been well televised, I assume there are some people here who would watch some non Villa football matches from time to time who might have caught a glimpse of him.

5 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I mentioned this earlier and I'll reiterate one more time, I don't think Bissouma would have been allowed to leave the country if this allegation was either serious or would lead to a prosecution. 

Well, the allegation is definitely serious. Whether it will lead to a prosecution or not is a more reasonable source of doubt. The decision on whether to apply for a bail extension to prevent him leaving the country will presumably have been about whether he represents a flight risk, which given his high profile and all his assets being located in the UK I don't suppose he is.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Awol said:

He’s almost certainly going to Utd, but if not it’ll be another UCL club on massive wages. We’re simply not in the running for Zakaria. 

I agree and you can say this til you’re blue in the face but people keep saying they want him like we’re linked to him even though we’re clearly not. Everything I’ve read says he’s going to United, not once have we been mentioned outside of fan wish lists. I can’t say I care because I’d never heard of him before last month.

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Well, the allegation is definitely serious. Whether it will lead to a prosecution or not is a more reasonable source of doubt. The decision on whether to apply for a bail extension to prevent him leaving the country will presumably have been about whether he represents a flight risk, which given his high profile and all his assets being located in the UK I don't suppose he is.

Totally, I'm not super happy if we sign him before he gets cleared to be honest. If we have £40m to spend on a defensive midfielder then he can't be the only realistic choice surely?

• Like 1

I can understand the Coutinho and Digne signings. But this one is a bit odd. Brighton don't seem to keen sell at all despite the allegations which means we probably need to overpay to get him. 

I don't think we are that desperate for a physical DM to pay over the odds and would rather this deal not happen. And that's before I include his allegations. We can look for a better value for money proper DM in the summer.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I can understand the Coutinho and Digne signings. But this one is a bit odd. Brighton don't seem to keen sell at all despite the allegations which means we probably need to overpay to get him. 

I don't think we are that desperate for a physical DM to pay over the odds and would rather this deal not happen. And that's before I include his allegations. We can look for a better value for money proper DM in the summer.

He’s a very, very good player

• Like 1

Â