Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Personally I thought he was pretty good, Coutinho and Ramsey were orchestrating the play against Norwich.

He was pretty good, he still lost the ball numerous times by making bad passes and rather more telling you see the difference with Buendia having the same passing ability but also graft and movement 

1 minute ago, Nicho said:

He was pretty good, he still lost the ball numerous times by making bad passes and rather more telling you see the difference with Buendia having the same passing ability but also graft and movement 

To be honest a few of them were losing the ball, however Coutinho and Ramsey consistently drive the team forward with their style of play.

17 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Exactly this.

I don’t really see what he offers above and beyond Buendia, and lacks any of the team contribution.

I like Phillipe. However I find myself wondering whether his name being an attraction to other players would prove to be the most beneficial thing about signing him permanently.

I kinda feel for £30m, I’d be ok with that outlay. Not so happy with smashing the wage structure for him, if that is the case.

I don't know if i am watching a different game, but put a decent striker up front with a better touch, and awareness than Watkins has, and he would have created 2 or 3 goals today.

He is a top quality player, we need better quallity around him. Ramsey played well today, Bailey......well, Watkins works hard, thats it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

He's good, but right now Buendia is better

And time is on Buendia's side. Unless we're going to sell Buendia for at least what we paid for him, I don't want Coutinho.

Our attack is so blunt and I can’t blame Coutinho for that. When you watch City or Liverpool or any decent attacking team, what I find remarkable is the speed at which they break and put the defence on the back foot. We break so, so slowly, allow their defence to get back and our attacking threats are nullified as the likes of Coutinho is either a) expected to bring the ball down (he’s a midget) or b) expected to do some sort of incredible run when he now has zero space. It baffles me that people can’t see this. We’d be better off with the likes of Heskey the way we play. 

Â