Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

I'm not connvinced we should sign him. Yes he had had great moments but we need more constitency from players. i'd rather give Buendia game time but Gerrard doesnt think the same way so will probably will sign him and increase our wage bill. 

• Like 2

The best way to use him is start him at home when we should be on the front foot, then away from home go with a solid defensive shape like when Dean kept us up after covid but bring Coutinho on for the last half hour against mentally tired defenders.  The problem is we probably feel we have to pick him every game to convince him to stay.  I wonder though whether he is more likely to stay if he plays more or if we scramble more points and finish higher up in the league and likes the look of our potential summer signings.

He's been off the pace recently, but TBH, so has the rest of the team.  How much of this is down to Gerrard's dreadful habit of chopping and changing tactics and how much is due to Coutinho's own motivation?  I'm more inclined to place the blame with Gerrard's system...  When you try to play out the back and have no plan B to counteract a high press other than boot it up the field and hope Watkins/Coutinho/Bailey can win the ball in the air, turn, and run at multiple defenders, it's no wonder we look dreadful going forward.   

• Like 1

If we play an actual DM in that position, there’s room for him and Buendia in the starting eleven and they will be supported by Ramsey etc better when he doesn’t have to cover the full back so much.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chappy said:

If we play an actual DM in that position, there’s room for him and Buendia in the starting eleven and they will be supported by Ramsey etc better when he doesn’t have to cover the full back so much.

The whole thing should be built around getting Coutihno and Buendia in sync with one another. 

• Like 2

Apparently Barca are currently €144m over what they are allowed with the La Liga FFP salary rules. And that's before adding the salaries for their new signings like Kessie and so on :D 

According to Ferran Correas at SPORT.

If we are going to try and sign Coutinho I hope we play hard ball. And if some other club (Saudi) want's to pay the full price then let them and we look elsewhere.

I've brought Phillipe into my FPL side this week and made him captain ahead of Salah.

If he delivers against Norwich and gets a double digit haul i'm all for us giving him any contract he wants.

If he blanks he can gtfo.

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Based on what mate?

I'm on the fence ( Only due to the money and thinking we could invest it into 2 quality young players ) however aside from that?

I just don’t think he’s that good. Do not get me wrong he just showed flashes of brilliance but he’s far too inconsistent and goes missing (Granted you could make the same accusation most of the team at the moment. Also it seems to be  that we exclude the Argentinian lad at is expense this is also a massive no no IMO. And it looks like Gerrard is obligated to play him regardless of form or performance which again is a big no no.Maybe a fair assumption would be right player wrong time if I am being kind

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think he will go newcastle personally 

Unfortunately this is my take too as they will be the only ones who will get anywhere near the salary demands. 

His age will put the massive clubs off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Unfortunately this is my take too as they will be the only ones who will get anywhere near the salary demands. 

His age will put the massive clubs off. 

I like him alot but if he wants over 150k a week and coming up at 30 years old i think it is crazy money considering he has been very inconsistent 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AshVilla said:

I've brought Phillipe into my FPL side this week and made him captain ahead of Salah.

If he delivers against Norwich and gets a double digit haul i'm all for us giving him any contract he wants.

If he blanks he can gtfo.

You've just reminded me why he's been shite.

Since he had his first stormer, he's been in my FPL, and it's all been downhil since then.

He might need to come out.

Put both him and Ramsey in after the outstanding performance from the both of them. 🙄🤦🏿

57 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I like him alot but if he wants over 150k a week and coming up at 30 years old i think it is crazy money considering he has been very inconsistent 

If we're paying that sort of wedge, we need consistent quality - he's class on his day, no doubt - but I think there are better deals to be had out there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

At that I’d sign him up.  Our issue isn’t him it’s other holes in the team, fix them and then allow him to flourish because he’s a difference maker.  The consistency for me is the team as a whole.  When we are playing average to good he’s the game changer which is a hard attribute to acquire.  If we are on the back foot constantly and no cohesion, of course he’s going to be ineffective, as would any creative player would be.  Sign him up, fix the holes and it’ll be worth it.

• Like 2

Â