Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

42 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

A shadow of his former self.

you see glimpses of what he can do but there’s more apathy and lack of urgency on show from him.

When they showed him on the bench after being subbed off he knows it too

He's done, even if his body could keep up with the pace of the league (which it can't) his heads gone

Should leave for his own good let alone ours

• Like 3

He was poor today but at least he tried to make things happen. That’s more that can be said for Bailey who was next level garbage. 

Im coming to the conclusion that he just won’t work here, as much as I’ve persisted with thinking he can be good for us. I still think he’s better than Buendia and Bailey but then I think they’re both rubbish too. 

28 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

The body language when Coutinho was subbed told us quite alot, even he looked like he's started to realise that perhaps he might be done.

I saw that chap, when he was on the bench, almost looked upset at his performance.

I can't stop thinking, is it really him though, or is it that no one is good enough, or has the vision to receive a quick pass from him, so he is having to try play a different style. I have seen so many times the run in the box and no one on the 1-2. Or he gives it a bit of skill and dinks it with no player even attempting to get on it. It'd get pretty frustrating if you have skills but everyone around you is piss poor.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

I saw that chap, when he was on the bench, almost looked upset at his performance.

I can't stop thinking, is it really him though, or is it that no one is good enough, or has the vision to receive a quick pass from him, so he is having to try play a different style. I have seen so many times the run in the box and no one on the 1-2. Or he gives it a bit of skill and dinks it with no player even attempting to get on it. It'd get pretty frustrating if you have skills but everyone around you is piss poor.

He doesn't pass the ball? He doesn't see passes? I've not seen him make a decent pass?

He can shift the ball and wallop it. That's it. That's how he made the name.

Now he can shift the ball...and drag his arse to try and wallop it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

if you have skills but everyone around you is piss poor.

You are clutching at straws there big time. He was rubbish at Bayern and Barcelona too. He just isn't half as good as people seem to think he is and his legs are gone. 

I think there's a bit of that. If he could move it quickly and have some quick 1-2s I think he'd look better. 

He was definitely the busiest looking player today, alongside Sanson, but his shooting was absolutely shite. 

I also think he may have had a shout for a couple of pens. I haven't seen anything on TV, but it looked like he was barged over once in each half. 

At the end of the day he was picked today to 'pick the lock' against a deep-lying League 2 side who were always going to play 5 at the back, and he didn't do it. I actually think he was worse than Bailey; Bailey kept messing up the final ball or the shot but he was harder to handle. With Coutinho you just need to get him to come on to his right 5-10 yards outside the area and you can rely on his muscle memory taking over and then missing the goal completely. 

• Like 1

We simply have too many players, like Coutinho, where there's only so long you can hope they eventually start playing consistently or even reasonably well. Mid-table teams are full of players who mostly look poor except for odd flashes of brilliance. When even the odd flashes disappear, it's time to move them on regardless of who they once were.

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He is done.  I want him not to be but he is.  No pace or strength. Stupid hip wiggles. And cannot shoot any more. **** atrocious performance

I honestly cant understand how he cant shoot anymore. Surely you cant just lose that at the age of 30? 

About 10 shots from outside the box in the game today and the closest was from a stevenage player which clipped our bar. All of ours were miles off target. Its frankly unbelievable.

21 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It could be as it's been obvious for quite some time...

Like JPA all over again, he was too good for those around him and often tried to do too much.

53 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

The body language when Coutinho was subbed told us quite alot, even he looked like he's started to realise that perhaps he might be done.

I can’t remember seeing a moment when a player realised, publicly, that he was done. It was a weird thing to witness: his expression and body language certainly looked like he knew. 

As a Villa fan, I’m trying to think of when a player of ours had a watershed ‘I’m done’ moment. It’s sad, but I think it’s over for him. 

Â