Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Just now, R.Bear said:

Inter, Liverpool Bayern Munich and Barcelona player with 60 caps for Brazil isnt as good as someone who's had two seasons of top flight football? Behave yourself.

I'm not talking about the past mate. Why are you?

• Like 2

There is one potentially world class player we could sign this summer in all likelihood. That is Coutinho. To not take that chance is insanity, total insanity. If he doesnt produce the goods then ok but we absolutely have to take that chance.

Or you know, we spend big on some overpriced British player. Its worked out so well for us in the past.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

We should sign him if we want to move on. Who's gonna push Buendia to perform if we haven't got a quality replacement. 

Yes 150k is alot of doe, but if you ain't gonna pay the dollar, we may as well stick to being midtable meritocracy, like the Palaces and the Southamptons. What do we want?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Didn't think he was great tonight, but he wasnt bad. Maybe a 6.5/10. I'm moving closer towards the sign him camp though. 

Especially at the prices rumoured today.

If he gets his fitness up in a proper pre season and we can get him and Buendia on the same team sheet we'd have so much creativity.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I’m in the camp that we shouldn’t sign him 

but that said , a decent pre season working on some fitness and we know he has the quality 

Me too too much money and Buendia plays better in 2022

spending this money on another player is much more of a gamble. we're talking similar figures to what we paid for traore, sanson, and targett

it's a no brainer

those against this signing i'm afraid are going to be disappointed, because it sounds like the i's and t's are being dotted and crossed at the moment

• Like 1

Needs to play with better players who are on his wave length. Can't have a DM that is unable to pass the ball, the midfield 3 need fixing badly because we can't get the ball to him in the areas he does damage, playing with 2 strikers isn't helping either IMO. 

22 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

We should sign him if we want to move on. Who's gonna push Buendia to perform if we haven't got a quality replacement. 

Yes 150k is alot of doe, but if you ain't gonna pay the dollar, we may as well stick to being midtable meritocracy, like the Palaces and the Southamptons. What do we want?

We don’t know his future salary do we? It’s likely somewhere between 150k and 475k.

26 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Didn't think he was great tonight, but he wasnt bad. Maybe a 6.5/10. I'm moving closer towards the sign him camp though. 

Especially at the prices rumoured today.

If he gets his fitness up in a proper pre season and we can get him and Buendia on the same team sheet we'd have so much creativity.

I thought he was okay. Few good runs and linked well with Digne. If he had a couple decent midfielders behind him would give him a free role to do what he wants.

• Like 1

His back heels from throw ins are absolutely sexual. 

Three or four times he did this through the eye of a needle to break through Liverpool's swarm of players. Class.

A little light weight and sometimes holds the ball for too long...but with some upgraded players around him, he'll be able to pop it off quicker and stop that happening. 

I wonder if we buy him then sell him to Las Vegas Villains in a season or 2 and offset some FFP money ? I’d imagine the commercial opportunities would be great for all parties ?

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I wonder if we buy him then sell him to Las Vegas Villains in a season or 2 and offset some FFP money ? I’d imagine the commercial opportunities would be great for all parties ?

Has the las Vegas villains thing happened then ? (Officially)

Not fussed either way - he can do some fantastic stuff - but looks a bit leggy and goes awol for periods as well.

Â