Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Is he worth 150k a week? Im not so sure to be honest. Im having some doubts tbh

Would rather stick with Buendia . Let him be a mercenary and sign up with Newcastle. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We need to put him in a team with others that can pass, can find space, can read the game intelligently, we are 4 players away from that. I'm dropping Ollie if anything next game, out goes Leon, I'd start with Coutihno Ings and Buendia and I'd try JJ Marv and Dougie behind them. Back 5 as is.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 2

He wants the ball and when he’s got the ball, he usually does something decent with it. Get Buendia in the team with him and build around Coutinho, Ramsey and Buendia. We’d be a lot better if Watkins didn’t just shoot at people rather than the goal every now and again. 

We should go all out to sign him, within reason. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He wants the ball and when he’s got the ball, he usually does something decent with it. Get Buendia in the team with him and build around Coutinho, Ramsey and Buendia. We’d be a lot better if Watkins didn’t just shoot at people rather than the goal every now and again. 

We should go all out to sign him, within reason. 

Ye.

I agree Coutinho, Buendia & Ramsey are probably the only 3 of the midfield/forward 6 i would build around, so we basically need a DM, CM & Striker to be able to play as close as possible to their level.

Imo we need to go BIG on these 3 new players, it would very much transform us, along with a new CB, so 4 top level players please.....

• Like 3

Just now, hippo said:

Doesn't look fit to me.

Put Bernado Silva on this team of cloggers and he won't look fit either. It's not worth grafting with all that skill to look up and the likes of Watkin's is not in space. It gets boring.

• Shocked 1

56 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Absolutely. If we want to have any notion of becoming a big team again and moving up the league then you need players of his quality. 

50 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Would rather stick with Buendia . Let him be a mercenary and sign up with Newcastle. 

I like Emi but hasn't Coutinho scored and assisted more in fewer games? I'd like both in the team, hopefully next season. 

• Like 1

Can't believe some fans are saying he's not good enough or we shouldn't sign him. A genuine world class player. He's probably not 100% fit yet but we've seen glimpses of magic in his time here already. Brazil's number 10 isn't good enough for Villa apparently! :D 

• Like 4

People keep on this 'we just need to buy more intelligent players to play around him' stuff. So presumably we're saying we're just going to sack off the roughly, what, £100m we spent on Buendia, Ings, Bailey and Traore, sell them for a huge loss, bring in a guy on an enormous wage, *and* then buy much more expensive 'more intelligent' players as well?

Seems to me more like if Coutinho can't play effectively with the players we actually have on the books then rather than throwing everything up in the air again, we could just play those players, make them work, and supplement them with one or two slightly more ambitious signings. It's not like our form is radically better since Coutinho joined the club, we did find it *possible* to win games without him in the starting XI.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

We aren’t good enough to have a player like him in our 11.  
Given his wages, I think we shouldn’t go near.  He isn’t the player of 4 years ago unfortunately 

We never will be if that is our attitude to players like Coutinho. If we want to progress as a team then we need players like him.

• Like 2

I really wouldn't sign him personally. 

He looked good in his first few games but has been at best average for the last several games.   Buendia looks twice the player to me. 

Â