Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

What was most noticeable about him and where we are to where we are going, Ings, Ollie whoever it is that need multiple chances to score one, just watch his goal again, it comes over to him and his stride is wrong, he has to check it, almost stumbles and still nails it. Top level players do not need many chances, look at Salah, if there a chance he almost always nails it.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Just can't fathom why other clubs weren't doing everything to sign him, never any doubt that he's still at the top of his game. Get him purchased.

I wouldn't underestimate how shyness affects how we are day to day with any interaction with others. Gerrard is the factor here for me, I don't think he moves anywhere else at ease with what's going on. So glad he got a goal and an assist straight away, the confidence issue has been wiped away in minutes.

Top top player.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Watch Watkins in that clip and when he leaves the embrace, he is not a happy chap. Does not seem part of that celebration at all. An where the hell was he for for the goal?

Please tell me if I'm looking far to into it.

You are definitely looking into it too much

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Just can't fathom why other clubs weren't doing everything to sign him, never any doubt that he's still at the top of his game. Get him purchased.

Tbf most clubs probably couldn't convince him to take a 40% paycut. And barca didn't want to loan him to Bayern again

My house is divided into Liverpool and villa supporters, very rarely we all scream in unison but today her absolutely now the roof off, absolute quality of a signing.

Need him to get that 14 number next year off Hourihane

59 minutes ago, Jareth said:

They were, some offered to pay all his wages, but he wanted to play here for his mate, our manager. 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I noticed one moment when the ball was passed to him the first thing he did before receiving it was long around so knew everything around him. I know it’s a minor thing that all players do but I think his football intelligence is on another level.

Ramsey did the same when Buendia slipped the ball through to him - quick look across the goal to see where people were. Like you say, great awareness from players. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

When he’s 100% fit we’re going to see something in a Villa shirt we’ve never seen before. I’m sure of that. 

Well, since last season wearing a number 10 shirt ;) 

• Haha 1

Â