Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

45 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I didnt think i could be more excited and then i went and did myself over by watching this. 31 minutes of him doing his stuff. Apart from the defensive work he really does have everything. Going to be the most fun i have ever had watching the Villa when he is up to full fitness. 

31 minutes of pure filth! Although I climaxed within the first 5, I'm sure the other 26 minutes were just as good!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

just complete madness.

You know what, im not someone who buys Villa shirts really, but i might buy a Coutinho one just to mark the moment that we made the most high profile transfer in the clubs history!

Same here mate. 

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I didnt think i could be more excited and then i went and did myself over by watching this. 31 minutes of him doing his stuff. Apart from the defensive work he really does have everything. Going to be the most fun i have ever had watching the Villa when he is up to full fitness. 

That compilation reminds me of Lionel Messi.

Exciting times!

7 hours ago, nick76 said:

I think it helps also that I think 99% of us are delighted and so there is nothing to argue/debate about.  The deal is done in all but signature so no more back and forth of him signing, we all know what he can do, we know there is a bit of risk but if it pays off will be brilliant.  All in all, one, if not the biggest signing in the clubs history in my time.  There is only so many times we can all agree with each other.

I agree… again. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, hong0311 said:

Talked to my Brazilian colleague about how excited I am, and he’s like “Philippe who?”

Apparently it’s pronounced as Col-chee-new. Our entire nation has been pronouncing it wrongly.

I think for the first syllable isn't actually an L at the end, it's a sort of nasally noise similar to an n said as if you've got a bit of a blocked nose. We don't really use it in English.

The last syllable as well tends to just fall away in Brazilian Portuguese so it's said like you can't be arsed to finish the word. Closer to nyu than nyoo (new).

But almost every Brazilian footballer's name is pronounced here not as they would pronounce it themselves. Ronaldinho should start with something closer to a H sound than an R sound for example.

• Like 1

Im intrigued to see just how much this signing raises the levels around the squad. Dougie for one hopefully goes up another gear now, Ings & Watkins, whoever plays, will know Coutinho has the ability to see and pick out their runs. Having both Coutinho and Buendia on the pitch at the same time, youd have to imagine will free one of them up. A lot of opposition sides this season have easily snuffed out and shut down Buendia, might not be so easy anymore.

Really excited to see the man in the shirt now. Just as excited to see the name on the back of the shirt too. There’s something about Brazilians from the day you grow up watching football. Their names (nicknames) alone hold a certain sort of magic 🤩

50 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

I think for the first syllable isn't actually an L at the end, it's a sort of nasally noise similar to an n said as if you've got a bit of a blocked nose. We don't really use it in English.

The last syllable as well tends to just fall away in Brazilian Portuguese so it's said like you can't be arsed to finish the word. Closer to nyu than nyoo (new).

But almost every Brazilian footballer's name is pronounced here not as they would pronounce it themselves. Ronaldinho should start with something closer to a H sound than an R sound for example.

Wesley is actually pronounced William. 

• Haha 2

Emi
Cash      Konsa      Mings     Targett

Luiz  

McGinn           Ramsey

Buendia                             Coutinho

Ings

I can see us lining up like this at first. I imagine the front three being way more fluid than the spaces on a forum will allow me to type though obviously.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hong0311 said:

Talked to my Brazilian colleague about how excited I am, and he’s like “Philippe who?”

Apparently it’s pronounced as Col-chee-new. Our entire nation has been pronouncing it wrongly.

I was trying to get my head around how ‘Phillipe’ became ‘Colcheenew’ for a moment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Debut at Villa park under the floodlights on a Saturday evening against Man Utd… going to be an insane atmosphere. 

I hadn’t even thought about it being an evening game and on TV. As you say, the atmosphere will be electric.

I suppose the question now is will he be fit enough to start the game? 

• Like 1

Â