Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You laugh, but the hard part is convincing him to actually come here. 

Once the players wants to join and the board know they can afford said player, its just formalities then.

This will get done. 

Kinda.

The difficult thing will be to find a way to sort out how Coutinho will be willing to go from £380k/w to whatever Villa would be able to pay after his loan is turned into a permanent deal should there be any purchase plan. As he's currently has 18 months left on his deal with Barca. That's a lot of money to walk away from.

Getting him on a loan while Barca pick up say 50% of his salary is doable.

Edited by sne

Just now, villalad21 said:

Why do Sky refuse to mention Villa as the leading favorites to sign Coutinho? 

Do they have anything against us as a club? 

They're desperate for it to be someone sexier (to them) than little old Aston Villa

• Like 2

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Kaveh Solhekol just reiterated that there are 2 clubs in for Coutinho. He turned to Dharmesh Sheth and said something like "we all know who the clubs are".

Sheth looked like he had no clue whatsoever, which I guess is his resting face.

Biggest pair of chancers of the lot

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Kaveh Solhekol just reiterated that there are 2 clubs in for Coutinho. He turned to Dharmesh Sheth and said something like "we all know who the clubs are".

SkySports understands that the 2 clubs are Villa, and an unnamed club from Aston. More on this as we get it...

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The Sky perspective is quite strange.

Everywhere I look, for every mention of another team there seem to be ten mentions linking him with us; our manager has spoken about him in a press conference, we're on the BBC as linked, we're widely mentioned in the Spanish press, essentially we're the front runners at the moment, by a country mile - but Sky won't even commit to us being in the race - despite being convinced that four other teams have pulled out.

It's very odd.

Sky say two teams are left - I'm struggling to even figure out who the other one is (Arsenal maybe), yet they won't even name us as a prospective name that are interested.

Do they know something the rest of the world don't, or are they playing a strange line for some reason that's important to them and if so, why on earth would they do that?

They mentioned us earlier but only through the guise of Gerrard and Coutinho - even putting on Twitter 'what would you think of this Liverpool fans?' even though the segment was about whether we could sign him.

But they seem pretty weirdly apprehensive to mention us in the other segments. They haven't once mentioned any of the 6 clubs they believe to be linked, baffling they've then said 'we all know who the two are' when they've mentioned zero names.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

If I was a betting man I'd bet that SKY has a betting company.

Well you would lose as they don’t, the betting company has nothing to do with Sky and hasn’t for a long time.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, joshharris12 said:
10 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

10 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

The loan to Aston Villa is progressing VERY well. Optimism….

or something like that

Impressive, didn’t know you were fluent in Spanish 🤣

Edited by The Moustache of Teale
Complete balls up with my quoting
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Yeah, sigh...

This ain't happening, he's on £350K per week right, who is going to cover that?

52 pages in and we discover that his wages are a tad on the high side 😃

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Can’t stand these two jokers 

4 minutes ago, sne said:

If I was a betting man I'd bet that SKY has a betting company.

You're watching sky news to be enraged/entertained. They could care less about whether the information they are reporting is factual. 

They know people hate watch them so they'll hint at Villa being a small club or mention a second "mystery" club being part of the deal. It's all just entertainment and had zero to do with actual news. 

Â