Match Thread: Brentford v Villa

limpid

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I don’t get all the slamming of Targett tbh. I don’t think he’s been bad. Had to be too critical for the goal; it was a great goal. 

Agree, the goal came because we dropped into that narrow low block and went completely passive. Tried to run out the clock on the half. 

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

A bit of a mugging at the moment, we've been far and away the better side without really playing well. If we click here we could score three or four.

Ings has been good and Buendia has been really excellent, Ramsey's been good and McGinn and Luiz solid. Targett started well but has made a couple of mistakes and we've somehow let them back into it.

I'd have Traore off for Sanson at half time and push Ramsey up, I don't think Traore has really worked - we look like 10 + him and I think with Sanson in we'd look more like eleven.

If we play, we win.

Yep - their goal was excellent and totally against the run of play. Just need to be sharper on the second balls. Confident we can win this.

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

Think Ramsey has been totally off it today. Not sure whats up with him

A hardon, according to reports from people watching TV

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Good controlling half for the most part let down a bit by Traore wanting too long on the ball allowing defenders to get back.

We should have made more with that level of domination.

We are normally stronger second half so not worried just yet

Totally agree. He slows the play down too much. Really great feet but just wish he would, on some occasions, receive the ball and pass or shoot quickly. Like watching an Aston Villa version of that Manchester City player, Jack Grealish without getting the equivalent free kicks. 

8 minutes ago, Joshie2000 said:

For me traore is so off the pace, he's slowing down the attacks, we've been the better team but typical villa. 

I'm not sure about slowing the attacks so much but he's made bad choices and overrun the ball a lot.  In short, he looks rusty. 

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Traoré should be used as an impact sub at best. 

Should never be starting games. 

Maybe he needs time to get up to speed? He’s been injured a while, The 2 best players on the pitch were deemed as flops prior to this match 

• Like 1