Premier League relegation battle

useless

If I felt inclined to keeping a positive mindset for Leeds, it’s that I wasn’t expecting them to pick up much from either Arsenal and Chelsea. I’ve always felt their points, if they’re gonna come, will be eked out of their final two matches.  

17 minutes ago, sne said:

As I've said I'm good with either of these 3 clubs going down but surely you gotta hope it's Leeds. If nothing else for the lol's.

They have a fantastic foot in mouth quality about them.

I want Leeds to go down for many reasons but none more so than for last season and the first half of this season I got so bored of sky trying to tell me they should be my second favourite team because they run around a lot. 

for what it’s worth I think this is a poor display since the red card from arsenal, Leeds are here to be hit 5-6 but they are playing like a training ground match and it might cost them

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

I want Leeds to go down for many reasons but none more so than for last season and the first half of this season I got so bored of sky trying to tell me they should be my second favourite team because they run around a lot. 

for what it’s worth I think this is a poor display since the red card from arsenal, Leeds are here to be hit 5-6 but they are playing like a training ground match and it might cost them

That part doesn't factor for me as Swedish media don't go on about that stuff. But I can see why it would be sweet for those who watch SKY and read British media.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

If I felt inclined to keeping a positive mindset for Leeds, it’s that I wasn’t expecting them to pick up much from either Arsenal and Chelsea. I’ve always felt their points, if they’re gonna come, will be eked out of their final two matches.  

Brighton is arguably a tougher home game for them than Chelsea way they're playing. And Brentford are one of most inform teams in league currently.

Their GD will send them down.

Incredible stuff in this relegation battle. Burnley all but down, sack Dyche and take 10 points from 4 games to give themselves a real chance to stay up.

Everton just 8 days ago were 5 points off 17th. If they beat Watford they're all but safe.

Leeds haven't even been in that bad form under Marsch, it's that terrible run of losses they had from December-March that will cost them.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Everton are hanging on here. How it's still 1-2 I don't know.

Pickford is treating this run of games as mini international tournament, probably the best mentality for him. That was amazing close range stop from Barnes. 

Arsenal could have should have destroyed Leeds confidence today with a big win, but as it is Leeds can probably take positives from the fact that in the end in the end they only narrowly lost after playing most of the game with ten men, it was a game they were likely to lose anyway.

Still in big trouble though of course, today's results mean that whatever happens elsewhere with Burnley and Everton, if they don't pick up four points from Chelsea and Brighton then they're guaranteed to go into the last day of the season still not safe.

Chelsea and Brighton won't be easy, Chelsea have just dropped points to Everton and Wolves so they won't want to keep dropping points to 'lesser' teams, they also have the joint second best away record in the league, whilst Leeds have the third worst home record, and Brighton have the fourth best away record in the league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Kalvin Phillips return was to shore up the defence, absolute overhyped clogger

He is in a shit team, and people were saying bissouma wasnt good enough weeka ago and hw has been better.

I dont think he is worth 60m at all though

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

Bamford injuries have really hurt Leeds.

He has his flaws but he's clever with the runs he makes and holding up the ball which gives them space to get their wide players in, without that it's all a bit clueless.

This relegation is on Bielsa imo. All the heavy defeats around xmas has knackered their GD and him not signing a CM or striker in either last summer or January transfer window has knackered them with the injuries to Bamford and Phillips. 

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Between Leeds and Burnley now?

Yes.

If Everton only had three games yes I'd still be hesitant on them but reality is they've somehow found some momentum, Pickford is pulling off some great saves at key points and they also have Watford away who are terrible and have given up on the season.

Win that and they'll have 38 points with two home games left so they'd really have to mess up to go down from that position.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Brighton is arguably a tougher home game for them than Chelsea way they're playing. And Brentford are one of most inform teams in league currently.

Their GD will send them down.

Incredible stuff in this relegation battle. Burnley all but down, sack Dyche and take 10 points from 4 games to give themselves a real chance to stay up.

Everton just 8 days ago were 5 points off 17th. If they beat Watford they're all but safe.

Leeds haven't even been in that bad form under Marsch, it's that terrible run of losses they had from December-March that will cost them.

Oh yeah, I don’t think either of those games are particularly easy. Just my feeling that if they’re to pick up points, it’ll come from those. Chelsea are a bit mixed at the moment, agreed. Just a hunch.