Pre match thread

ender4

4 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Gerrard out tomorrow...suppose it could be worse, but if he has it how many others do?

Its getting a bit of a farce now. You cant have some teams without their managers, their best players, some full strength, some postponing game after game etc. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Gerrard out tomorrow...suppose it could be worse, but if he has it how many others do?

If he’s been taking training and being in contact with the team then it’s likely that there will be a lot more positive cases in the squad - I can see this being postponed. 

I am certainly not keen on us being under strength against a Chelsea team that still has a very good 2nd string.

You could say it's the same for all teams but it doesn't really feel right. Can't extend the season because of that stupid World Cup. Hope the game go through. A not so busy schedule could be an advantage at an later stage.

34 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

You could say it's the same for all teams but it doesn't really feel right. Can't extend the season because of that stupid World Cup. Hope the game go through. A not so busy schedule could be an advantage at an later stage.

Why not? The World Cup doesn’t start until December

28 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Game will 100% be on, Gerrard not been at training today so not around the players 

Yeah but likely got it from one of the players and likely spread.  I think the game will be off

6 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

They would have announced that the same time they announced Gerrard had Covid, surely?

Depends how many they get back tomorrow and whether the PL reviewed their request to postpone given its Xmas day if too many were out.  They might not get a decision from the PL until the morning if there is a problem.

Edited by nick76

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Depends how many they get back tomorrow and whether the PL reviewed their request to postpone given its Xmas day if too many were out.  They might not get a decision from the PL until the morning if there is a problem.

If we hadn't been criticised for calling off the Burnley match 2 hours before kick off I would hope there would still be chance this game would be called off.

Instead I fear it will be kids vs Chelsea's 100 billion pound C team with that giant cock muppet Pob look alike Tuchel still moaning he had to swap out some 60 million pound players for gasp! 40 million pound ones.

If I were Gerrard I'd plan for Leeds and not spend much effort on the sh*t show tomorrow.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Surely if he’s got it with his contact with the players then loads will have it show up today or tomorrow.  I doubt tomorrow’s game goes ahead.

agreed, surely he's been in close contact with all the coaching staff as well. 

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

This whole situation is farcical. No way should we be playing Chelsea tomorrow.

If we’ve got 3 goal keepers, 6 defenders and 3 midfielders from the U23s plus Keinan Davis fit they’ll make us play against the European Champions. Farcical as it is downright criminally unfair. 

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

If we hadn't been criticised for calling off the Burnley match 2 hours before kick off I would hope there would still be chance this game would be called off.

Instead I fear it will be kids vs Chelsea's 100 billion pound C team with that giant cock muppet Pob look alike Tuchel still moaning he had to swap out some 60 million pound players for gasp! 40 million pound ones.

If I were Gerrard I'd plan for Leeds and not spend much effort on the sh*t show tomorrow.

Tbf though kick-off tomorrow isn't until 5:30, so if the game got cancelled in the morning it'd still leave quite a lot of time.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

So who is managing us this evening then? Beale or McAllister? Did the players even have a training session as planned yesterday?

Quick look at Chelsea forum, they’re confident they’ll be able to put out a strong team and are expecting to win, although to be fair are giving us some credit as a threat. 

Douglas Luiz seems to be self isolating, no Nakamba, Sanson may or may not have returned from Covid and injury-certainly a big ask to expect him to play 90 against the Champions of Europe. Ditto Ings.

Martinez, Buendia, Cash and Targett seem to be Covid free. No idea about Mings, Konsa, Ramsey, McGinn, Watkins, Young. Think El Ghazi had it over a week ago, expect we’ll see a fair bit of him over the next few days.

I absolutely cannot predict how the next couple of games are going to go but I don’t expect anything from this one. Leeds however…given how rubbish they’ve been recently, I’ll be annoyed if we don’t get something from that.