Pre match thread

ender4

13 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I reckon Ethel the Tea Lady will get the nod to be on the bench 

I heard she still hasn't recovered from her groin strain but Charlie, the guy who sells pork scratchings outside the Holte, is definitely in the squad !

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I reckon Ethel the Tea Lady will get the nod to be on the bench 

Not available.

Been in prison for years for poisoning Herbert's sandwiches (she failed obviously).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Not saying you are wrong but why are you confident all these are available mate? would love it to be true as that is pretty much full strength in terms of starting 11.

Just seen them being very active on social media/club have mentioned them a lot. Probably means nothing but if they were supposed to me laying low i wouldnt imagine theyd be plastered all over club accounts. Might be way off tho!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sne said:

Obviously they have a stronger squad but Chelsea also have a bunch of players missing. Just as unfair to them to play the game.

Either way the point is it’s not a true reflection of either squad so it makes an even bigger mockery of fair competition. Which I think we all agree isn’t exactly a level playing field at the best of times. 

As a fan I want to see a game and of course hope we win no matter what. The knock on effect will be later in the season when teams will have to play catch-up at a time in the season when normally players are more likely to be carrying injuries and/or be jaded. It’ll be a skewed season no matter what I suppose. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Is that pre-covid availability?

(I'm guessing Chukwuemeka will be your ???? - or maybe Ramey is Sanson is fit.)

The Covid rumour mill is really unreliable, but going by what's being bandied about, I'll guess at:

--------------------------Martinez------------------------

Cash-----------Konsa--------Hause------Targett

----------McGinn--Iroegbanum--Ramsey-------

---------------Buendia-----Chukwuemeka---------

----------------------------Watkins------------------------

(Assuming no Mings, Luiz or Sanson)

Guesswork mate based upon snippets of who has been active mentioned by the club on social media eyc. Might be totally wrong!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

What with the Burnley and now the Leeds game off, am I the only one thrilled this is going ahead regardless of the team we put out?

Yes of course but you want to be competitive. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

What with the Burnley and now the Leeds game off, am I the only one thrilled this is going ahead regardless of the team we put out?

I just don't want us fielding a very weakened team half full off very inexperienced youth players against Chelsea, who have one of the best, most expensive squads in the PL. We could get absolutely hammered. And that wouldn't be good.

8 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

For me, there is no point the game going ahead if we can’t field a half decent team.  Just playing for the sake of it is silly.  Yes we all want football on but no point with an uncompetitive team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, robby b said:

I just don't want us fielding a very weakened team half full off very inexperienced youth players against Chelsea, who have one of the best, most expensive squads in the PL. We could get absolutely hammered. And that wouldn't be good.

Wouldn’t be good for the day, the kids, the goal difference and if we miss a place in the league at the end of the season by a point either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Whilst not good news, the Leeds game being postponed in advance of kick off today might just be slightly helpful for us, we don’t need to worry about managing minutes for folks now and they can each run themselves into the ground knowing they’ll have at least a week before playing again.

Depends who we have playing

8 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Rumours going round that McGinn is out with covid. I'd say he'd be part of three players for me we really can't afford to be out along with Martinez and Watkins. 

If McGinn has covid, it’s about the fifteenth time he’s caught it. Would be surprised if he’s out (with covid, that is, there might be an unrelated issue.) 

• Like 1