Pre match thread

ender4

Think this one will be canned. Travelling to VP on boxing day would have been a ballache anyway so not the worst news in the world, but was hoping we would play today, get the points on the board and then be in 7th. The players who tested positive in our camp will still be isolating in 8 days time right? It will probably be taken out of our hands anyway with the managers' meeting on Monday and there being a strong chance of a circuit breaker of 2/3 weeks for football

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Louis said:

I very much doubt this will be played. If it doesn’t get played, I’ll be going off to Aldershot Town v Woking (Hampshire/Surrey derby) for my footballing pleasure.

Come on Woking !

(My hometown).

With Chelsea playing today (the PL turned down their appeal not to play), there is a chance this goes ahead on Boxing Day.

It will all depend how many players we have out, and how many the PL determine need to be out for the game to proceed.

We've got masses of positive tests by the sound of things.

Chelsea are fuming that they've been foced to play Wolves yesterday and will definitely want this cancelled.

Whether the league will listen to the clubs is an interesting question.

I would suggest that the person with most influence over which games get played over the christmas period, regardless of the number of positive tests, the attitudes of fans or players, or the state of the nation at the time will be Jeff Bezos. Amazon will insist that the games on the 28th, 29th and 50th go ahead (that's half of the entire schedule that they've paid for) and I think the league will work around that.

Theres a cabinet meeting at 2pm which has been called at fairly short notice. It's not sounding good, and from what I have read the murmurings seem to be that it will be a meeting in which the PM and Whitty and Vallance present a bleak picture and ask the cabinet to rubber stamp added restrictions. I can't see this going ahead, I think Amazon and the other broadcasters will want them played but the decision will be taken out of their hands by the government.

Surely with the state of our squad they can't make us play it behind closed doors either as it will be too one sided. There is also the manager's meeting today and the meeting between the CEO's and other authorities

• Like 1