Pre match thread

ender4

I keep checking the internet.  I know the game is on unless told otherwise but given how late Burnley was called off, it would be nice if the club put out a tweet or something saying “definitely on” when they have the test results from this morning so we all know otherwise we’ll be checking until 4pm

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's a depth thing, Liverpool are paper thin. 

Chelsea have been relying on goals from Reece James and Jorginho pens. Lukaku pre injury looks like he's phoning it in like Ronaldo. Liverpool have some decent fringe players

• Like 1

hard to know what will happen due to who will be missing but i hope at the very least we don't see a performance like man City first half or vs Liverpool, we can campete with Chelsea 

If we do have a few out then again hopefully we get to see some of the yoof

Play well, lose by the one goal, play chuk, PB, archer etc I'd take it given the circumstances 

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I keep checking the internet.  I know the game is on unless told otherwise but given how late Burnley was called off, it would be nice if the club put out a tweet or something saying “definitely on” when they have the test results from this morning so we all know otherwise we’ll be checking until 4pm

It's Sky's super Sunday main game, brown briefcase says game goes ahead. Premier league like brown suitcases, game on, would bet my xmas dinner leftovers on it.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I wouldn't bet against Chelsea finishing in the top 2.

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's a depth thing, Liverpool are paper thin. 

I think when all 3 are max strength and playing at their best the order is as is, get what you're saying though, especially so with this damn virus.

41 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Its the PLs decision not villas

And I think we all expect the PL to spend more time consulting sky than they do villa or chelsea

I dont think "definitley on" is going to happen, from villa, Chelsea, the PL or sky, you have to imagine that most Chelsea fans are already near brum by now and they've said nothing on their social media 

The current rulings only favour the bigger clubs with better strength in depth.

I looked at the Chelsea team they put out for the midweek cup game and their bench was chock full of internationals, obviously being rested ahead of today - despite Tuchel pleading poverty with players available.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

And I think we all expect the PL to spend more time consulting sky than they do villa or chelsea

I dont think "definitley on" is going to happen, from villa, Chelsea, the PL or sky, you have to imagine that most Chelsea fans are already near brum by now and they've said nothing on their social media 

Unless they are drinking then I’m not sure Chelsea fans are close to Brum 6 hours before the game.  Going the opposite way for a game I’d be only leaving about now or shortly.

i appreciate its PL decision, just when Villa know the answer either then let us know.  Obviously we’ll be told if it’s off but people planning their day, it’s nice the early the better either way

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Unless they are drinking then I’m not sure Chelsea fans are close to Brum 6 hours before the game.  Going the opposite way for a game I’d be only leaving about now or shortly.

i appreciate its PL decision, just when Villa know the answer either then let us know.  Obviously we’ll be told if it’s off but people planning their day, it’s nice the early the better either way

I'd have been there for a beer and breakfast at 10am, maybe that's just the villa effect 😂

I just don't think villa will say anything, they won't put their cock on the block for something they don't control 

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

What form are we talking about?

I have t been since the wolves game and going today, has anything new been introduced that we need to fill in before getting to VP?

You have to pre register your covid status with villa. You should have had an email about it, they came out before the Burnley game. 

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It’s the leagues decision IF Villa apply to have the game postponed - if our squad complies with the set rules and we’re not going to apply and know Chelsea haven’t they could confirm it. They could also confirm an application to postpone. Some comms would be nice