Pre match thread

ender4

Surely if we didn’t have enough players Sat then we still won’t on Sunday? Covid doesn’t go away in a week. Or have the Premier League changed the rules?

11 minutes ago, jim said:

Surely if we didn’t have enough players Sat then we still won’t on Sunday? Covid doesn’t go away in a week. Or have the Premier League changed the rules?

They have changed it by sounds of it as you now only need 13 + a goalie. Before you needed 14 players 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

43 minutes ago, jim said:

This is my view too, i honestly don't get it. Surely chelsea and then leeds are off if the burnley game was

In the "good old days" before football was invented in the 1990's, teams would consist of 12....11 players and one sub.

This new rule does favour the sky scum 6 though as they have enough quality players to cover for this eventuality 

14 hours ago, jim said:

We didn't have El Ghazi and Sanson available for Burnely but they should be available again for Chelsea as their self-isolations started ages ago, before the Norwich game... if they didn't have symptoms or only had very mild symptoms. So that's potentially two outfield players more to play Chelsea than we had for Burnley, if they feel ok (again).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jim said:

That’s a good question. They say isolate for 10 days but in my experience I was negative after around 4 days as was the missus. Maybe they could play if they are negative 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

• Like 1

It would seem Amazon were the main driver for not having a circuit breaker over Christmas, what with their recent push to take a trial in December and get X games.

I'm not confident going into this one, and that's with a full team. It is what it is. I'll enjoy it while drinking beer, and que sera sera.

So they have ruled out any restrictions prior to Xmas...Imo this is all but confirms that immediately, from Boxing day onwards, we will ape Scottish and Welsh restrictions i.e. behind closed doors games. I'm proceeding on the basis that the game v chelsea will go ahead, but not with fans.

12 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

So they have ruled out any restrictions prior to Xmas...Imo this is all but confirms that immediately, from Boxing day onwards, we will ape Scottish and Welsh restrictions i.e. behind closed doors games. I'm proceeding on the basis that the game v chelsea will go ahead, but not with fans.

Well that is what they are saying today. Tomorrow could be completely different. I think everyone just wants clarity on this. We don't want Saturday's experience to happen again.