Pre match thread

VillaChris

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Young's flexibility means we can put a lot of youngsters on the bench but cover most things with Chukwuemeka, Ings or a centreback. 

If we lose someone in midfield we bring on Chukwuemeka - a full back and we move Ashley there and bring on Chukwuemeka - the only like for likes we'll need are the CB's and Ings.

Hause, Konsa and Tuanzebe can all do a job at full back as well. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Davis missing from the bench too FYI! 

Missing most of the time anyway, could be anything with him.  The only thing that misses more often is his shots on goal 😂😂😂

Edited by nick76

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Quite a lot of squad players injured but still able to field a decent team which is encouraging. Could really do without anymore injuries though. 

...or yellow cards!

• Like 4

Doesn't look like there's a lot of goals in our team, we've been reliant on Watkins and goals from our defenders at set-pieces recently, missing the likes of Bailey, Traore, and El Ghazi. We need the likes of Buendia and Jacob Ramsey to start adding more goals, Ashley Young too, if he's going to play as a winger.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Quite a lot of squad players injured but still able to field a decent team which is encouraging. Could really do without anymore injuries though. 

Agree, we seem to have more then our fair share, I was thinking we may skip the January window and do all our business in the summer but now I'm thinking re really do need at least 2, a good 2 mind, I'd buy the best DM we could possibly get at least.

2-0 win for villa. Norwich will have a lot of the ball and threaten us but won't be able to put it in the net. We will have less of the ball but be more deadly with it. However, I would love to see us dominate this game in the middle of the park, would be very good to see us do that especially away. Really hoping for 6 points over the next 2 games.