Pre match thread

VillaChris

God I hate these ones. We have to be favourites and in the Premier League hierarchy we should reasonably expect to win and certainly not lose.

But of course we all know football.

It seems we have 2 positive COVID results and also are missing Nakamba. The Brum Mail have quotes from Steeevie saying Buendia will play a significant role tonight, and you'd think Sanson has a good chance of taking Marvelous' place.  So a middle 3 of Sanson, Luiz, McGinn with Young, Watkins & Buendia up top would be my guess.  Young obviously could be Ramsey or Ings. Back 5 picks itself (credit to Targett again for that fact).

All of the above notwithstanding whoever the absentees are. Please don't be Martinez :) 

I think it'll be a narrow win. Toit loik a toiger. I'll go for a 2-1 followed by a relieved gasp at the end.

McGinn and Ollie to star.

if we are to only get 4 points from here and burnley I will accept a draw here, providing we smash 24 shades of shit out of burnley next week. I can't stand burnley. 

But we ought to be going for the 3 points here obviously. 

Hard to predict these things but id go with

Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett, Sanson, Luis, McGinn, Chuk, Watkins....

....to score. 9 assists from Buendia

about time we had a nice, palpitation free comfortable win. Genuinely cant think of the last time that happened. Though i did actually think Norwich looked okay against Utd so who knows really

• Like 2

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Why would the Covid players not be revealed in the press conference?  It's hardly to protect their identity is it, I mean we're going to know as soon as the team is announced.

To stop the opposition knowing who is missing before squads are submitted?  

Just now, LondonVillian said:

To stop the opposition knowing who is missing before squads are submitted?  

But then why would he not sit on the Nakamba injury news too?  Nobody could tell he was hurt from the Liverpool game.

Not only would I like Cash, McGinn and Mings to not get booked tonight so that they don't miss Saturday, I think there's also scope for them all to hopefully get booked on Saturday against Burnley (preferably for kicking Ben Mee) so that they get boxing day off, miss a game that's tricky anyway against Chelsea and are all back for Leeds.

A win and those players not booked please. 

Also, while I'm here, I'd like a goal for Buendia.

Thanks Santa.

• Like 4

Tough one to call tonight but, as others have said, one we really ought to be winning if we have any aspirations of a top half finish. Would like to see Ings get some minutes, I'd back him to punish any potential lapses in concentration at the back by Norwich. 

50 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Why would the Covid players not be revealed in the press conference?  It's hardly to protect their identity is it, I mean we're going to know as soon as the team is announced.

Apparently it's to stop the opposition team knowing our missing players which may give them an advantage which is unbelievably tin-pot if that is indeed the reason.

10 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

Apparently it's to stop the opposition team knowing our missing players which may give them an advantage which is unbelievably tin-pot if that is indeed the reason.

Isn’t it more to do with the players having a right to not have their medical history released (perhaps to protect their contract/future contracts?) and also their vaccination status for the same and also personal reasons?

• Like 2