Pre match thread

VillaChris

14 hours ago, villalad21 said:

They are looking decent under DS.

Expecting a difficult game.

I agree. 

They're playing better and fighting to escape the zone of doom. A draw wouldn't be an awful result partly as it's away and it would keep them 'at arm's length' from us.

Edited by robby b

1 hour ago, Panto_Villan said:

That’s stretching the term “obsessed” beyond recognition, I think. Take one look at our Grealish thread and you’ll see that times a million. People are entitled to be a bit spiteful if you cherry pick their best players…

Yeah but he played for and captained us for years. There's no reason why Norwich should be as interested in us as they are. I suspect a lot of it stems from us nicking Lambert off them.

Would be nice to see a comfortable win and a clean sheet for a change. Need our midfielders and strikers to start scoring more, particularly Buendia, Ings and Watkins.

Two changes from Liverpool: Sanson and Buendia in for Ramsey and Young. Our away form is poor and needs to improve in the next few games.

Norwich have looked better recently but lack quality and it's the sort of game we must be winning if we're to finish top half.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Bad feeling for this game, I think Smith will be fired up and we seem to struggle in midweek games at stadiums like this

Dean fired up !. Love him to bits and always will, but Dean and fired up bit of a struggle to put in the same sentence. 

• Like 1

There’s no doubt DS will want to win this one and it’s up to is to match them in terms of energy and application. I think if we do that we have more quality. I have a feeling we might see Watkins and Ings start. I think SG likes Ings and is going to try fit him in. 
Maybe this:

Emi

Cash Konsa Mings Targett

Luiz Marv Sanson

Ings McGinn

Watkins 

I think Young and JJ have been decent enough but maybe a few changes might be the right thing here. You could also drop McGinn back for Sanson and play Buendia behind Watkins. Some very decent options at least. 

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Bad feeling for this game, I think Smith will be fired up and we seem to struggle in midweek games at stadiums like this

Unfortunately I agree, I fear this may be the first 'unexpected' loss of the SG era and (however ludicrous this would be) questions asked about Gerrard's tactics/lineup selection etc. I can't tell you how much I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1