Pre match thread

VillaChris

10 minutes ago, useless said:

Doesn't look like there's a lot of goals in our team, we've been reliant on Watkins and goals from our defenders at set-pieces recently, missing the likes of Bailey, Traore, and El Ghazi. We need the likes of Buendia and Jacob Ramsey to start adding more goals, Ashley Young too, if he's going to play as a winger.

0_GettyImages-1235921655.jpg

(Although you're quite right, we need Ramsey, Young and Buendia in particular to chip in)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

if McGinn isnt fired up after Gerrards bloody love poem to him in his presser than I dunno what will :)

His form would dip after being decent under Deano, hope SG has found the key to keeping on top of his game, the difference being SG can drop a ball down and physically show him what he wants, a huge plus for a MF, SJM masterclass incoming.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Who have Norwich got missing. Smith said he struggled his knackers off last week with it in the squad?

No Rashica, the man's a myth! 

Cantwell is back, Hanley is missing from the back, Sargent and the LB

Its a shame Sargent is missing cos when people say Norwich are OK but just don't have the PL quality he's the epitome of that from what I saw over the last month 

20 minutes ago, useless said:

Doesn't look like there's a lot of goals in our team, we've been reliant on Watkins and goals from our defenders at set-pieces recently, missing the likes of Bailey, Traore, and El Ghazi. We need the likes of Buendia and Jacob Ramsey to start adding more goals, Ashley Young too, if he's going to play as a winger.

Norwich have only scored 8 all season so shpudn't need many 

3 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Not convinced by this Ashley Young insistence. Would have loved to have seen Phil-Bid start tonight. Surely against this kind of oppo it would have been less of a gamble too.

To be fair to Gerrard so far at least his rock solid belief in Ashley Young has been well rewarded.

• Like 1

So I went to the Covid thread to find out who the two players were 😳 can someone just tell me who the other player (Sanson is 1) is in 5000 words or less. I would appreciate it greatly.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Not convinced by this Ashley Young insistence. Would have loved to have seen Phil-Bid start tonight. Surely against this kind of oppo it would have been less of a gamble too.

There's a lot of respect and admiration between Ash and SG, that's priceless, he has looked much better then when he first came back, that is the SG influence, he will be good.