Match Thread: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

They're obviously not booing their own team, lads. Villa - mainly through Young - were being clever about making sure we got to half-time and it was getting the crowd increasingly riled up.

Good half though, they're that good you couldn't ask for much more in terms of the application of the team. Alisson has looked ropey a couple of times and a bit more on a couple of McGinn passes and Watkins was in. Keep it tight and hope one of them comes off second half.

Just now, alreadyexists said:

What’s your take on that half RF? I think we’ve frustrated LPool quite a bit and effectively nullified a very potent attack. Will be a very interesting second half 

You guys are driving us crazy with the pressing. Atwell can eat my hat. Kudos to your energy level. Pitch looks like ice, kind of expecting a pulled groin somewhere soon.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

No, but doesn’t mean I shouldn’t be incensed about it

I'm used to it now. 

My only hope from this game is SG doesn't start applauding the kop and touching the Anfield badge.

Good to get to HT level but going forward we've been pretty woeful. Don't really remember any chances for us that half.

The good thing is we have decent attacking options on the bench and have kept them pretty quiet other than a couple of scares where we've lunged in in the box.

Hate the Plop fans in the crowd. Ref needs to make sure he doesn't pander to their demands for everything to go their way. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedFloyd said:

You guys are driving us crazy with the pressing. Atwell can eat my hat. Kudos to your energy level. Pitch looks like ice, kind of expecting a pulled groin somewhere soon.

If Villa score I’ll be pulling groin for hours 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm just enjoying how pissed of the home fans are. Jesus they really are entitled little spoiled brats aren't they? You can see in Emi's eyes he's dying for the opportunity to do a little dance in front of them. He's in front of the kop in the second half so if he does, it could be legendary.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Feels like a slow and painful death. 

Loss seem inevitable unless something drastic changes. 

Not necessarily.

We are getting under their skins, and we've barely attacked ourselves.

If we can figure out how to get our attacks together, anything is possible.

Over to SG to do the tweaking required.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN