Match Thread: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Checking online the Liverpool fans think the ref has given us everything :D 

Shows how used to bias decisions some of these clubs are when they fail to buy some soft decisions and it’s a travesty of justice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not necessarily.

We are getting under their skins, and we've barely attacked ourselves.

If we can finger out how to get our attacks together, anything is possible.

Over to SG to do the tweaking required.

👆

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Checking online the Liverpool fans think the ref has given us everything :D 

ha ha well yes when it comes to penalties they think they should have had loads

but everytime we break we get fouled - 1 in 10 is a card, it was the same against Chelsea and Man City.

w

1 minute ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

Clear elbow on Young while on a yellow. No “using arms to jump” excuse – his feet were planted. The ref and linesmen have absolutely bottled it there. 

And he did it again minutes later - but the ref seemed more interested in Liverpool players! Ugh.

• Like 1

The way Marv plays, I would get Sanson on for him sooner rather than later. With the crowd on the ref, he's a red card waiting to happen on a yellow. His whole game is his getting stuck in. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JB said:

Commentators on my stream are excellent IMO. Best I’ve heard this season, anyway. None of the usual bias and some decent insight.

Mine are great too. They're speaking Russian, I think, so not picking up too much bias apart from the odd Liverpul большой and villa дерьмо

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, El Zen said:

You have to expect the ref to finally give in and hand them a soft pen at some point. For all their footballing talent and so-called passionate support, their main attribute is being willing to boo and moan and whine at absolutely everything. Your player dives and doesn’t get a pen? Crowd boos and Jürgen has a four minute chat with the 4th official. A Villa player is fouled and gets a freekick? Crowd boos and Jürgen has a four minute chat with the 4th official. Villa have the audacity to keep the ball in Liverpool’s half for a few seconds? Crowd boos and , for some reason, Jürgen has a four minute chat with the 4th official. Repeat until ref gives them a soft pen to take the lead. 

F***ing disgusting club.

Trouble is ....it works !

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Probably more booing the ref tbh

12 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I know it’s crazy to believe but they’re booing the referee 

Nah, they can’t be… the ref has done a splendid job of not awarding them any penalties :D