V Sport Investments Ltd - More Villa Clubs around the world?

MotoMkali

1 minute ago, MNVillan said:

Can Nassef even do that if he wanted to? V Sports only has a minority share

46 gets you some influence I'd imagine. Not seen anything to suggest he want's to change anything, just saying I hope he/we don't.

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

I fully agree, its great as a football club but it stinks for the sport especially when a lot on here are happy to criticise City sports group etc

We have just took a club with a great history and pretty made much them our bitch and ruined any chance of them being successful. There fans should be rightfully livid

Football is a disgrace

Hardly. They have new owners who can invest substantially mroe money into the club than previously. So they can compete with porto, benfica and sporting.

The cost for that is villa will get some players cheaper than normal from them. Players that would already be leaving anyway. It changes when the investment comes. 

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Thoroughly agree with the overall point.

FIFA were asleep while City began their takeover. Now they're that big, they can't be stopped. Break the rules? They'll take you to court and say the rules aren't fair. No way should any one group be allowed to own more than one club.

Here we are though. If we want to compete, this is a good move. Would love to see us add Gent in as well.

The thing is they especially can't stop us because as I understand it Nassef and Wes already have begun the expensive process of becoming the owner of an MLS team as well. 

Edited by MotoMkali

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Thoroughly agree with the overall point.

FIFA were asleep while City began their takeover. Now they're that big, they can't be stopped. Break the rules? They'll take you to court and say the rules aren't fair. No way should any one group be allowed to own more than one club.

Here we are though. If we want to compete, this is a good move. Would love to see us add Gent in as well.

The thing is football clubs have become a business and will follow largely standard business practices including the buying and selling of clubs, the rule as I understand it is no one man singular can own two football clubs

Football for football fans as historical things that should be protected has gone

They should be able to do something against city or red bull rebranding or what the Cardiff owner did but the udinese owners model which potentially we're following is it really that bad a thing? He has 3 and I'm sure it's udinese is in his name, Watford and a Spanish club are in his sons names

If it helps us get a cut of the £120m that Benfica got for Enzo Fernandez or a player like him then I think it’s a good deal.

Benfica also recently snapped up Norways Schjelderup as well for peanuts and he’ll go next year for about 10 times what they paid for him.

It is the way of the world and despite the morale grey area we’ll need this to compete moving forward.

I agree with someone’s suggestion of adding Gent. LASK would be a good one in Austria as well. 

Could we make the link up with Trabs in Turkey as well as they already wear our colours

If done right there are definitely advantages to be had from something like this. I don't have to like it thou. Feels like football imperialism. I really hope we treat the club and their fans with respect. 

• Like 4

SO we will have Las Vegas and Vitoria as clubs we can use as locations for loaning players and also where we can sign players from South America and then onwards to us if they are successful. I think this is key in helping us find and develop players. It's great news

• Like 1

I'd imagine there will also be some benefit in commercial arrangements - the same shirt sleeve sponsor on all three clubs, that sort of thing.

These are complicated arrangements and I reckon it might take while as fans to understand the full benefit, it'll be interesting seeing the V Sports project develop.

So those oil cheats in Manchester have 15 or so feeder clubs, we are building a model that we can compete and ensure we progress and protect our assets. Football always and will always have feeder systems. There’s nothing inherently immoral about this deal, let alone having an MLS expansion team. 

9 hours ago, useless said:

When Xia owned us there was a story of us buying Danish club Lyngby BK and building them a new stadium, that never went ahead of course, but Wyness and Luke Organ I think it was were pictured in Denmark meeting with officials from Lyngby, so seems it was something they were genuinely discussing, although seems strange now knowing what we know happened later that year.

Fortress the company Wes Edens founded and still works for has also been linked with buying FC Copenhagen.

Yeah but you knew that with Lyngby was all bulls*** right from the start, not one single mention of a theme park.

• Haha 1

Not sure if anyone has noticed but V Sports appear to be restricting themselves to investments in clubs that start with V. Our manager too seems to love clubs with a prominent V in the name too. What is this ju-ju? (or should it be vu-vu?) Maybe Sawiris just has an OCD type of thing for the letter.

This went under the radar, wasn't aware of this until this morning. Seems a good link-up as they are one of the bigger teams outside of the traditional big 3 in Portugal. 

Could be a nice pre season trip as well. Could possibly be useful for potential Brazilian players as going to Portugal first is an option first step for them. Often they get a Portuguese passport and EU nationality.

We are doing all the right things off the pitch to try and progress the club. It is just so bloody hard to do so in the premier league.

I said a while ago that I was sure our sudden targeting of Brazilian and other south american players was deliberate. Shakhtar have done it successfully before, creating a brazilian community in the area which attracts other brazilians and makes them feel comfortable at the club.

adding a portuguese club to the portfolio could well tie in with this if we use it to loan players out

Â