V Sport Investments Ltd - More Villa Clubs around the world?

MotoMkali

7 hours ago, Jono62 said:

Surely it would be an email?

Email with letter attached and digital signature??  They’ve done their homework as details are all correct - odd if fake or real 

Edited by thabucks

On 04/03/2022 at 22:15, hogso said:

Well yeah you would remember that. Cos you did it. 

He wishes! It was a text not a letter, and it was from a baggies supporting mate

On 04/03/2022 at 00:56, chappy said:

I hadn’t even clocked that :lol:

The letterhead looks old (possibly taken from that time Smith ‘wrote’ a letter to all ST holders (?) and the body of writing screams Y4 English project.

The unnecessary apostrophe on ‘Edwards’ and the whole bit in brackets (this is wot company u is now doing business with), definitely screams 17-year-old that figured out how to edit a photo.

• 1 month later...

Portuguese club Vitoria S.C are set for an injection of €10million (£8.5million) by an unnamed Premier League club. The Primeira Liga side have been linked with a partnership deal with Aston Villa.

Christian Purslow was due to meet with Vitoria's previous president Miguel Pinto Lisboa, who was replaced last month by Antonio Miguel Cardoso following an election. It is understood Villa want Vitoria - currently sixth in Portugal's top division - to be a part of their new V Sports umbrella, Villa's parent company owned by Nassef Sawiries and Wes Edens.

A source told BirminghamLive : "Wes Edens was serious about investing in our club. Villa have been in touch outlining that they wanted to meet up here in Guimarães to know more about the club and infrastructure. [Villa] actually met up with our ex-president here, but I really don't know the situation right now. What I know is that the offer and the discussions are still on the table."

Vitoria, meanwhile, recently held a fan consultation meeting with season ticket holders as they plan ahead for next season. The club's newly-elected president Cardoso, who has a football background in the US, outlined how Vitoria are set to benefit from a €10million investment.

A source added: "Vitoria dedicated the last 30 minutes [of the session] for season ticket holders to ask questions. Antonio Miguel Cardoso revealed that an English club will invest €10m on Vitoria, which will be sufficient. Fans have presumed it can only be from Aston Villa. Our club has many debts because of the pandemic so the money will help to stabilise us."

More in the link but I think I've helpfully selected the most important parts https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-wes-edens-vitoria-23774529

Edited by useless
Sorry I had to delete the previous post on this but much of what was written in that has been repeated in this latest article with some additional info.

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Work Permit FC

Maybe we send some youngsters out there too whilst also setting up better scouting networks, get these Portuguese kids before Mendes sends them to wolves 

Sign Brazilian wonder kids and send them there first? 

Presumably if our owners are investing €10m in them then they will become part owners with Vitoria becoming part of the 'V Sports Portfolio'. Benefit will be somewhere to send some of our youngsters, we could also have them buy players with the intention being for them to be prepared for a possible move to us.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Sign Brazilian wonder kids and send them there first?  

dunno for sure but that would be the obvious route

or if we want to sign south american youngsters it would give us an option over sending them to the likes of cheltenham and swindon

or maybe we do look to set up a new academy for them / buy some european youngsters for them and see what they do before buying them at mates rates, even us getting a better presence in the area means we might get a better understanding of the youth set up there and unearth some gems, it could be as simple as opening up a phone line where someone at vitoria phones harrison and says "we played benfica under 12s last night you need to come see this kid"

dont really see that many negatives to it if im honest, doubt vitoria are too excited as its a tough league for them but it could be enough to push them in the european football, id lazily guess that 5th place chops and changes

Edited by villa4europe

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I noticed some people in the Man City thread being pretty cheerful that their attempt to buy NAC Breda had fallen through . . .

Would have been their 12th club was it?

We have to get cracking if we aim to collect as many.

16 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I noticed some people in the Man City thread being pretty cheerful that their attempt to buy NAC Breda had fallen through . . .

Same as people being furious that foreign billionaires are buying other clubs 👀

Going forward I dont feel comfortable with this. Vegas is fine as its a completely new club with no history 

Buting Vitoria feels a bit Red Bull/City Group crap to me. Imagine we told them after 100 years of history to wear claret and blue as well

If it was an arranged feeder club for example then that might be better as they would still have some independence

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2

Â