V Sport Investments Ltd - More Villa Clubs around the world?

MotoMkali

25 minutes ago, useless said:

We've also bought into clubs in Egypt and Senegal

I know we have a training partnership with ZED in Egypt but we don't own them. As for Senegal, that's the first I've heard of us having ownership over there. Training academies are the only thing I could find about that. 

Edited by Made In Aston

1 hour ago, gatecrasha said:

Many people have in the past mentioned why we don't do similar to Brentford and/ or Brighton.  They seemingly buy great players, for minimal amounts and turn huge profits. 

Well this is potentially one way of replicating what both those clubs might be doing.

Win / win for me

Exactly.

Also, imagine the likes of Archer, Iroegbunam ( Just as samples, insert any other top young talent here ) et all getting a chance to play in the Portuguese top League, be exposed to different environments, coaching methods etc and vice versa.

Smaller clubs than us have similar link ups.

I'm not certain the people who are mad, have actually pinpointed why they are upset.

These clubs will have been looking in places others won't have, this is how you find the Bissoumas, Julian Alvarez etc before they become them.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Especially with Brexit making it near impossible to sign European players, we needed a competitive model to follow. As long as it’s above board, I have no problem. It doesn’t mean we are going to raid them for their top talent. Quite often, feeder arrangements are there to help the smaller clubs grow or arrange friendlies or loan deals or help us bring in talent which they can benefit from too. Really banal stuff. It’s a reason why outside of the immorality of Chelsea and Man City, few such deals are ever really known or discussed. 

I'm not sure about it being near impossible to sign European players.  The threshold for signing overseas players must be pretty lax in order for us to sign a 19 year old Colombian from the MLS.  I should think the vast majority of decent players in Europe would be eligible.

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

These clubs will have been looking in places others won't have, this is how you find the Bissoumas, Julian Alvarez etc before they become them.

Not sure we are likely to buy River Plate or Lille but there are other examples who would back up your point.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Not sure we are likely to buy River Plate or Lille but there are other examples who would back up your point.

Mate, insert any other player who has been imported to/from Portugal or anywhere else from a small club, and gone on to be stars for big money.

Those were just quick thrown out name examples ffs.

17 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm not sure about it being near impossible to sign European players.  The threshold for signing overseas players must be pretty lax in order for us to sign a 19 year old Colombian from the MLS.  I should think the vast majority of decent players in Europe would be eligible.

It’s easier to sign South American under the current visa points system post-Brexit but harder for us to say sign a Danish prospect 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate, insert any other player who has been imported to/from Portugal or anywhere else from a small club, and gone on to be stars for big money.

Those were just quick thrown out name examples ffs.

I knew what you meant. 

Brighton needed to loan Kaoru Mitoma to their Belgian partner so he would get enough game time experience to qualify for an English work permit. Look how he’s doing now. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, useless said:

We've actually taken over various academies in this country and rebranded them with the Villa name, slightly different in that those academies don't have supporters in the football fan sense or cultural identities, but still we're basically using our financial power to set up academies in other parts of the country so we can take the best young talents from those areas and in doing so depriving local teams of those players, we're not the only ones that do it, but it's controversial for some involved in academy football, for example how would we like it if someone like Real Madrid set up an academy in Birmingham and used it to hoover up all the best local young players.

Or a better example would be Real Madrid buying us then signing Grealish for half his value and then loaning us some youngsters and squad players in the hopes they might develop for Real Madrid or put them in the shop window going forward

37 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Or a better example would be Real Madrid buying us then signing Grealish for half his value and then loaning us some youngsters and squad players in the hopes they might develop for Real Madrid or put them in the shop window going forward

Clubs can also choose not to be taken over or accept investment.

It's not like NSWE went in with an army and put a gun to the Chairmans head, or it was a hostile takeover. lol

The fact that it's also taken two years, for only 5.5 mill Euros would ndicate that deep discussions have taken place with a view to both parties coming to a mutually beneficial agreement.

Your example would never happen either anyway.

Also, isn't this pretty much what the transfer market is like?

Do you think smaller clubs enjoy having to sell their best players to the likes of us , or other big dogs?

If Vitoria got anyone half as good as Grealish they're losing him sooner or later anyway, and it probably wouldn't be us that got that player even if we did part own them. And even if we were to get their better players at reduced cost they probably won't mind because overall our investment will be more benefical to them, that investment might end up being the very reason why they have such an highly rated player in the first place.

Overall they might lose certain players, but the net result will be a positive one for them, we will lose players as a result of NSWE's investment into us, but overall we still benefit, we lost Chukwuemeka for a fee below is actually worth

Vitoria's record sale is twenty million, all their other top sales are ten million or below, after we've bought them I bet that eventually goes up.

Also they loan players in all the time, doesn't make any difference if it's from us or some other team, for the most part it's still about developing players for other clubs, we've been in that position ourselves, and they're not going to take players from us that they don't want or that will be detrimental to their results.

Most of the stuff people are highlighting as potentially bad are things that happen at most clubs anyway including ours.

Vitoria fans welcome the potential deal, they need a cash injection and like the idea of having access to our players either on loan or permanet deals, if they lose players then so be it, if they end up with players good enough for hopefully a top half PL club then they're doing well to have had that player in the first place, just like if we sign a player eventually good enough for Bayern Munich we will have done well out of that deal.

Five milliion doesn't sound a lot for just under fifty percent, but current ownership paid four hundred thousand for forty percent, so seems a good amount of money from their point of view, we're also spending an additional two million on infrastructure.

• Like 1

Vitoria release statement confirming key details of Aston Villa partnership - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)

"As a result of the established pre-agreement, the future partner of SAD will support the investment of two million euros in infrastructure, to be applied in two years, also making possible a credit line of up to 20 million euros, with interest rate under preferential conditions."

Â