V Sport Investments Ltd - More Villa Clubs around the world?

MotoMkali

cool, does that mean we can enjoy being a feeder club for a club who is top 5 in their league?

I look forward to all the 17 year old Portuguese loanees coming our way.

I for one, welcome our new Portuguese Overlords.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm not sure what the "confused" reactions are about.

I guess the question is whether you view the City Football Group and other global football brands to be an abomination to football, or a blueprint to aspire to. Our owners clearly feel the latter, and I **** hate it.

If we've done it so that we can sign youngsters and ship them over there before getting them in to the UK it is a bit ropey isn't it?

City to me did go a bit worse and seemed to buy football clubs splashed with etihad in regions that then also announced new flight destinations like one big walking advert, I'm convin Ed it's why they bought the Indian team, now they've got so many it's almost because they've got nothing better to do, same with red bull, both can be more on the nose associated with branding

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I guess the question is whether you view the City Football Group and other global football brands to be an abomination to football, or a blueprint to aspire to. Our owners clearly feel the latter, and I **** hate it.

I fully agree, its great as a football club but it stinks for the sport especially when a lot on here are happy to criticise City sports group etc

We have just took a club with a great history and pretty made much them our bitch and ruined any chance of them being successful. There fans should be rightfully livid

Football is a disgrace

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I fully agree, its great as a football club but it stinks for the sport especially when a lot on here are happy to criticise City sports group etc

We have just took a club with a great history and pretty made much them our bitch and ruined any chance of them being successful. There fans should be rightfully livid

Football is a disgrace

They’ll probably be in Europe next season, we won’t. Maybe we’re their feeder club.

Good. We've needed this for a long while given the stage of our development.

Rumoured we were interesting in linking with them a few years ago so was obviously something in it and Portugal is an excellent league for developing up and coming players from South America so that could come to fruition for us aswell.

Is Suliman still playing for them?

43 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I think it's difficult for us to get players from South America due to work permit issues, potentially they could go here for a few years first now. 

Brighton signing Moise Caciedo and then loaning him out to a partner club in Belgium for a year is perfect example of how this could work. Portugal league higher standard and Guimaraes are in europe fairly regularly so it's an amazing opportunity. 

If we'd done this a year ago could've sent Archer for a season as an example.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

These are massive leaps based on nothing.

How do you know any of this to be true?

If people can't stomach the business side of football, and doing what it takes to grow our club as a brand  and make it more competitive on the world stage etc. Then they also need to stop moaning about things like signing players, aspiring for Europe and all the other fancy things they want.

Maybe some people should just start supporting the Sunday League club in their town. ( Preferably one which uses eco friendly materials throughout the whole structure and pay UNICEF to sponsor them )

For all you know, they could be giving that club a new lease of life with a mutually beneficial partnership.

It seems many want all the perks of being a brilliant football club but don't want any of the capitalism involved. Which is unrealistic.

Not sure why us buying a Portuguese team has any connection with us looking for European football unless we are going to buy the licence from them next season

How would you feel if PSG or Red Bull bought us in the Championship as a feeder team and we lost all our independence. This is not far off it, sort of sickened the club are trying this City style model

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Brighton signing Moise Caciedo and then loaning him out to a partner club in Belgium for a year is perfect example of how this could work. Portugal league higher standard and Guimaraes are in europe fairly regularly so it's an amazing opportunity. 

If we'd done this a year ago could've sent Archer for a season as an example.

Caicedo had a lot of international caps and just played at the Copa America. He also went to a club Brighton dont own

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Maybe some people should just start supporting the Sunday League club in their town.

In all seriousness, you're probably right, because while this pair saved the club from bankruptcy, everything they do on the business side of things fills me with revulsion. I want to support a football club, not a globally diversified sports corporation. One for the Game's Gone thread. :) 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

They aren't going to become a feeder club for us, it's probably very rare that they will even have players that we consider good enough for our team. Main benefit will probably be somewhere to send our youngsters, but they aren't just going to accept any academy players, will have to be ones that are genuinely good enough, so probably talking ones that have at least shown they good for Championship level. Maybe they can benefit from some of our older players too, Traore would have probably been better off going there first half of the season rather than Turkey for example.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Clubs in portugal welcome the model of buying exceptional potential young players for reasonable amounts and then selling them on for huge fees to premier league sides like Enzo and Darwin Nunez, it's how they survive so from their side there are no big issues.

I don't think Vitoria Guimaraes will be wearing claret and blue anytime soon, that would be a step too far and what Man. City have imposed on their newly created feeder clubs around the globe.

I think continental link ups work o.k, rather that than the mooted idea years back of clubs lower down the English pyramid just becoming feeder clubs which would quickly destroy the heritage, thankfully it stopped at B teams going into the paintpot trophy and no more.

It's an interesting debate but I think we're just about on the right side of it.

Â