V Sport Investments Ltd - More Villa Clubs around the world?

MotoMkali

21 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

A club in Brazil 🇧🇷😍 and Argentina 🇦🇷😍. Now that would be fantastic . Do Man Yooo still have the link up with the Belgian club? The one that they linked up with years ago?

Anderlecht ?

30 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Not sure if anyone has noticed but V Sports appear to be restricting themselves to investments in clubs that start with V. Our manager too seems to love clubs with a prominent V in the name too. What is this ju-ju? (or should it be vu-vu?) Maybe Sawiris just has an OCD type of thing for the letter.

I look forward to adding Valencia of Spain, Vissel Kobe of Japan, Viktoria Plzen of Czech Republic, Venezia of Italy and Valenciennes of France.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I said a while ago that I was sure our sudden targeting of Brazilian and other south american players was deliberate. Shakhtar have done it successfully before, creating a brazilian community in the area which attracts other brazilians and makes them feel comfortable at the club.

adding a portuguese club to the portfolio could well tie in with this if we use it to loan players out

The Boys from Brazil.

• Haha 1

It just allows us to develop youth on a larger scale, don’t think it will be a case of we poach all their best players they buy youth develop them then we buy them again rinse repeat that’s the fantasy football manager version. Yes a few of our players will go out there on loan and in turn we might eventually sell them for a profit. And yes some might break into our first team but the chance of multiple players from Vitoria Sc playing first team football for Aston Villa is as low as the sentiment of having a All Great Barr midfield in Ramsey bros and Tim Iroegbunam.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

This went under the radar, wasn't aware of this until this morning. Seems a good link-up as they are one of the bigger teams outside of the traditional big 3 in Portugal. 

Could be a nice pre season trip as well. Could possibly be useful for potential Brazilian players as going to Portugal first is an option first step for them. Often they get a Portuguese passport and EU nationality.

We are doing all the right things off the pitch to try and progress the club. It is just so bloody hard to do so in the premier league.

We're out of the EU so this has no bearing on anything player wise.  The only benefit would be the Portuguese league deemed to be of a higher standard than, say, the Colombian league so we could (I guess?) sign Colombian players and immediately send them to Vitoria on a 2-season long loan or something.

As I say, it's the Man City/Chelsea model.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

As I say, it's the Man City/Chelsea model.

Buying a large number of players, send them out on loan, develop them and worse case sell them 2/3 years later at a profit

The difference is city and Chelsea have the revenue to do that with £10-20m players usually with absolutely no intention of them ever kicking a ball for city, we don't

Not saying you're wrong and it would be interesting if we do it

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

We're basically aiming to replicate what Man City and Chelsea do.

I hope people do stop moaning about those clubs.

City own majority stakes in most of those clubs though.  

I see this link as nothing more than a place we can send players on loan, and a way to increase our scouting range particularly in South America where Portuguese clubs are heavily involved.  If they happen to find a good player, we might have first option on them.  

I think people are going a bit overboard.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

City own majority stakes in most of those clubs though.  

I see this link as nothing more than a place we can send players on loan, and a way to increase our scouting range particularly in South America where Portuguese clubs are heavily involved.  If they happen to find a good player, we might have first option on them.  

I think people are going a bit overboard.

No, City Football Group (who also own Man City) do.  The same way that V Sports owns Aston Villa and has now acquired a 46% stake in another club.  I'm 99% sure there'll be a push to fully acquire the club in due course - it's just whether there's then a desire to integrate colours and badges etc like the City Football Group have - in part - done, or whether teams remain fairly independent.

e.g:  The City Group took on "Melbourne Heart" early doors (I think maybe their third club after Man City and New York FC?  Might be wrong) - bought a majority stake of something like 60% then eventually bought the club fully and changed the name from "Melbourne Heart" to "Melbourne City Football Club" (MCFC).  Changed the team's colours and badge to mimic Man City's badge.

As I say, whether we run the clubs very separately or try to integrate a brand will be the only possible difference here.  This is just the first step.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

I look forward to adding Valencia of Spain, Vissel Kobe of Japan, Viktoria Plzen of Czech Republic, Venezia of Italy and Valenciennes of France.

I think Valencia would be thrilled with that proposition - getting rid of Peter Lim! 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

No, City Football Group (who also own Man City) do.  The same way that V Sports owns Aston Villa and has now acquired a 46% stake in another club.  I'm 99% sure there'll be a push to fully acquire the club in due course - it's just whether there's then a desire to integrate colours and badges etc like the City Football Group have - in part - done, or whether teams remain fairly independent.

e.g:  The City Group took on "Melbourne Heart" early doors (I think maybe their third club after Man City and New York FC?  Might be wrong) - bought a majority stake of something like 60% then eventually bought the club fully and changed the name from "Melbourne Heart" to "Melbourne City Football Club" (MCFC).  Changed the team's colours and badge to mimic Man City's badge.

As I say, whether we run the clubs very separately or try to integrate a brand will be the only possible difference here.  This is just the first step.

That's what I meant; Man City are the flagship team of City group. When I said City i meant City Group.  

I don't think necessarily this model will be followed and all teams will be rebranded with a Villa twist. 

The teams City group rebranded barely existed, so probably no objection to them changing their logo and kits. City Group have majority stakes in Troyes, Lommel, Palermo and Bahia and have not rebranded them.

Vitoria have a 100-year history, I don't think we'll be meddling with that, especially not as a minority stake holder.

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

That's what I meant; Man City are the flagship team of City group. When I said City i meant City Group.  

I don't think necessarily this model will be followed and all teams will be rebranded with a Villa twist. 

The teams City group rebranded barely existed, so probably no objection to them changing their logo and kits. City Group have majority stakes in Troyes, Lommel, Palermo and Bahia and have not rebranded them.

Vitoria have a 100-year history, I don't think we'll be meddling with that, especially not as a minority stake holder.

It's not necessarily going to happen, though I reckon the targeting of a "V" club is deliberate - much as all of the clubs with "City" in their name which are owned by the City Group have the light blue/white kits etc.

The outliers are the ones you list; presumably they've been purchased for a different reason.  Not entirely sure what that is, but they're in notably more established footballing countries than United States/Australia/India (and Torque being a new club).

V Sports definitely can't mess Vitoria around with a minority stake.  I guess it's how long it remains a minority for.

I've hardly seen anyone moan about Chelsea and Man City owning other clubs, no one barely cares about that, that's not why Man City are in trouble as far as I'm aware, and it's not why people dislike them or Chelsea, Wolves have actually been doing something very similar, they buy a lot of young players and send them to Grasshoppers of Zurich, GCZ owner happens to be Jenny Wang, wife of Wolves owner Guo Guangchang, no one dislikes Wolves for that, they've got link ups with a few clubs in Europe, I've also seen Brighton praised on here for supposedly doing something similar as well.

If anything I've seen more people say that we should replicate the Chelsea strategy, which is what we've been doing to a much smaller degree anyway, this might help us to do it better, but I don't think we will be hoarding players to the extent that the likes of Chelsea and Man City have been doing, this won't be about signing the best youngsters in late teens earlier twenties for tens of millions of pounds and sending them to Vitoria until we decide whether they're good enough for us.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

I've hardly seen anyone moan about Chelsea and Man City owning other clubs, no one barely cares about that, that's not why Man City are in trouble as far as I'm aware, and it's not why people dislike them or Chelsea, Wolves have actually been doing something very similar, they buy a lot of young players and send them to Grasshoppers of Zurich, GCZ owner happens to be Jenny Wang, wife of Wolves owner Guo Guangchang, no one dislikes Wolves for that, they've got link ups with a few clubs in Europe, I've also seen Brighton praised on here for supposedly doing something similar as well.

If anything I've seen more people say that we should replicate the Chelsea strategy, which is what we've been doing to a much smaller degree anyway, this might help us to do it better, but I don't think we will be hoarding players to the extent that the likes of Chelsea and Man City have been doing, this won't be about signing the best youngsters in late teens earlier twenties for tens of millions of pounds and sending them to Vitoria until we decide whether they're good enough for us.

That's just because they aren't high profile enough.  You don't need to look far at all to see people bemoaning Chelsea for "hoarding youth" and "loaning them to Vitesse".  There was a real amount of dislike for this youth hoovering - although that died down when we did the same thing against other local academies :D.  Further, people have often said that transfers by Man City for players who have never played for them are dodgy.  I suppose Douglas Luiz was one of those transfers, but we didn't have a problem with that.

Ultimately, people will rally against the successful clubs and not really care what others are doing i.e: Brighton with Union St Gilloise.

4 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

The thing is they especially can't stop us because as I understand it Nassef and Wes already have begun the expensive process of becoming the owner of an MLS team as well. 

I wouldn't get your hopes up for Las Vegas.

Â