V Sport Investments Ltd - More Villa Clubs around the world?

MotoMkali

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure I fully understand the benefits of this, but I am vaguely amused at the idea of us buying into any football club whose name begins with V.

Villa, Vegas, Vittoria.

I quite fancy Vissel Kobe and the Vatican next.

Don’t forget VVest Brom, VValsall, VVolves and co-Ventry.

I don’t know what it means, but it suggests (if it wasn’t already obvious) that our owners are not pissing about. 

I love NSWE. We are so fecking lucky. 

On 25/04/2022 at 17:01, KAZZAM said:

Sign Brazilian wonder kids and send them there first? 

Don't need to do that any more do we?  You can just sign players from Brazil at will now.  I'm not sure what the benefits are really but the guys in charge know what they're doing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Don't need to do that any more do we?  You can just sign players from Brazil at will now.  I'm not sure what the benefits are really but the guys in charge know what they're doing.

Good point! 

A few years in Portugal and an EU passport isn't going to do much of anything anymore 

I suspect the big advantage of this would be more about having somewhere to send our younger players, Wolves have about five players on loan at Grasshopper Club Zürich at the moment, Man City use Girona in a similar way, there are probably other clubs that do similar.

It wouldn't just have to be academy players either, this season someone like El Ghazi would have been better off going to play in Portugal for half a season rather than not play at all with Everton.

If we're looking at potential new signings but are not sure if they're good enough or ready for us yet, having a link up with Vitoria or similar would give us the option of sending the player to them first to see how they do.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Good point! 

A few years in Portugal and an EU passport isn't going to do much of anything anymore 

This is not correct. Firstly, you can't sign players 'at will', unless they are British or Irish they have to be awarded a visa, based on meeting various criteria. Secondly, the visa bands are key here:

37226666-9085785-image-a-24_160881607821

You'll note that having played in the Portuguese first division provides more points than having played in the Brazilian first division.

In any case, I suspect the logic is more to do with the constant churn of brilliant youth products out of Portugal, which must have something to do with the training they get over there. I imagine we're trying to tap into that.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

there hasn't been any recent links for this and I am a little curious about if this is something Nas & Wes are still going to persue.

I find it quite odd that only 2 teams/club groups in Red Bull & the City group have established partial-to-full ownership of clubs in South America. I would think that would help immensely with establishing a bigger scouting network in the region.

On 12/12/2021 at 06:23, villa4europe said:

I didn't gamble there once in a week

Vegas is a hard place to explain because it doesn't make sense but it's basically a big adult playground, you can pretty much anything and everything there, I thought it was great for food, would be interesting to see if places like dubai are eating in to their numbers or if Vegas because of the gambling and booze is as popular as ever (I didn't really get drunk their either) 

Somewhere between the new sports teams and this huge cinema dome thing they're building I will go back one day, I want to go to the new stadium in LA so would pair the 2 together... My wife is a lucky lucky woman 

Did you go on the rollercoaster on the top of the stratosphere?

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Did you go on the rollercoaster on the top of the stratosphere?

2 of the 3, the tower one that goes up and down was shut due to high winds

The bastards wouldn't give me the special ticket because of it so it ended up something daft like $40 for 2 rides

When the Telegraph reported our interest in Emery and Pochettino, in the same article they also mentioned that we were in talks with two European clubs over the possibility of a purchase, not sure if that meant NSWE wanted to buy two or whether it was one or the other, the article also mentioned that they were still on course to set up the Las Vegas Villains.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

2 of the 3, the tower one that goes up and down was shut due to high winds

The bastards wouldn't give me the special ticket because of it so it ended up something daft like $40 for 2 rides

You’re braver man than me😀

• 1 month later...

A US one would still be a great idea.  The way we've got Jhon eligible to sign for us by him playing a season there is quite convenient.

He did have to play for Colombia as well, but if he was playing at a more successful US club he'd have almost got enough points not even playing for his international team.

Edited by MrBlack

31 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

A US one would still be a great idea.  The way we've got Jhon eligible to sign for us by him playing a season there is quite convenient.

He did have to play for Colombia as well, but if he was playing at a more successful US club he'd have almost got enough points not even playing for his international team.

What’s this? 

16 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

What’s this? 

Phrased poorly...the fact he'd played in MLS got him enough points to get a work permit. We didn't (to my knowledge) organise his transfer to Chicago, but we did benefit from it.

And the same would be true for other South American prospects that will get a permit in the US, but wouldn't here.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

Â