V Sport Investments Ltd - More Villa Clubs around the world?

MotoMkali

7 minutes ago, Rodders said:

My issues with city and chelsea is being bankrolled by oil states, dodgy commercial deals, and an oligarch. Not sure what is so terrible about stuff like this. 

I don't think there's anything terrible about it.  As someone said earlier, it's just one for the Game's Gone thread.

• Like 1

We won't be hoarding players to the extent or in the same way that Chelsea have been doing, again this won't be about us signing the best players from Europe or wherever in late teens, early twenties for tens of millions of pounds with the intention of sending them to Vitoria, until we decide what to do with them at a later date,, that's why people dislike that aspect of Chelsea hoarding players, the players they hoard are already proven and others could have them for their first team, at some point they will probably loan out Chukwuemeka, we aren't going to be signing players as proven as him to loan out to Vitoria.

For us there might be a few we buy for money and send there, but I imagine  it will be more about having somewhere to send players we've developed ourselves, maybe a few from other countries will be bought as sixteen year olds from other countries and sent to Vitoria initially until old enough to sign for us, but we won't be hoarding about forty players all good enough for first team football at a decent level.

This idea that people can't criticize Chelsea or Man City just because of one aspect of how they're run might be similar to something we might be doing is ludicrous, in that case might as well say can't criticize them because for any number of ways in which they're run is similar to the way we're run, or how every single football club is run, in general when people are critical of these clubs it's not because their owners own other football teams.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, useless said:

I've hardly seen anyone moan about Chelsea and Man City owning other clubs, no one barely cares about that, that's not why Man City are in trouble as far as I'm aware, and it's not why people dislike them or Chelsea, Wolves have actually been doing something very similar, they buy a lot of young players and send them to Grasshoppers of Zurich, GCZ owner happens to be Jenny Wang, wife of Wolves owner Guo Guangchang, no one dislikes Wolves for that, they've got link ups with a few clubs in Europe, I've also seen Brighton praised on here for supposedly doing something similar as well.

If anything I've seen more people say that we should replicate the Chelsea strategy, which is what we've been doing to a much smaller degree anyway, this might help us to do it better, but I don't think we will be hoarding players to the extent that the likes of Chelsea and Man City have been doing, this won't be about signing the best youngsters in late teens earlier twenties for tens of millions of pounds and sending them to Vitoria until we decide whether they're good enough for us.

Doesn't the owner of Watford also own Udinese and a Spanish team?

Perhaps we'll see the likes of Archer, Tim etc go on loan there if they aren't ready for our first team t=rather than going back to the Championship.

Edited by duke313

They're a good team, and a decent sized club, this isn't some minnows we're buying into that we can mess around, likes of Iroegbunam and maybe Archer might be good enough, maybe one or two others, but they aren't just going to take any old academy player from us. They've actually got a B team in the third tier of Portugese league, some of our academy players might even benefit from playing at that level.

Also we aren't going to be changing their name or changing their strip, we won't be sending academy players to them demanding that they play for their first team to the detriment of their results and overall standing in Portugese football. Not sure how our owners owning them is any different from them being owned by any other owner, whether that owner owns one club or several, if anything this will benefit them, I bet as long as things like colors and name not changed then most Vitoria fans will be welcoming of it, same in this country if a team was going to be bought by mega rich owners that already owned a team in Europe then most fans of club being bought would welcome it as long as identity not changed, I've seen many fans, not Villa, wishing their team to bought by PSG owners for example.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I wonder if having a global group of clubs helps circumvent FFP, like it does with big companies and corporation tax. Is FFP attributed to the club or the group? 

Must be an element of truth here. Can imagine if we were to get the Vegas team, Coutinho may go there give us a positive book value and wipe off £150k from the wage bill. 
Vitoria might not be able to do that but there is some joined up thinking.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Must be an element of truth here. Can imagine if we were to get the Vegas team, Coutinho may go there give us a positive book value and wipe off £150k from the wage bill. 

The Vegas team won't happen until 2026, if it does happen.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Doesn't the owner of Watford also own Udinese and a Spanish team?

Perhaps we'll see the likes of Archer, Tim etc go on loan there if they aren't ready for our first team t=rather than going back to the Championship.

He doesn’t own Granada anymore, but yes still owns Udinese.

1 hour ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

If we could spread losses over the group then it will have a positive effect on FFP and tax for us. 

29 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The owners of Bournemouth have a stake in Lorient - but somehow we are the bad guys here? We aren't doing anything different here 

Would you have same reaction if Newcastle bought Vitoria instead?

• Like 1

Â