• Watkins
    • Bailey
    • Young (Bailey 31)
    • Chukwuemeka (Targett 67)
    • Sanson (Nakamba 71)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/12/21 at 23:59

First game playing Gerrard/Beale's system. Looks great to me, With Bailey and Traore fit we would have a number of players for the two number 10 positions in the 4-3-2-1. Different combinations could go more flair and attacking or possession and more conservative. Buendia, Bailey, Traore, Chuck, Young, Ings, Ramsey....

If we can get a run of games with enough of our best XI fit in this shape we'll get even better but against one of the best teams in world football we played great football at times, draw perhaps would have been a fairer 

Just now, nick76 said:

Think I might like this Gerrard bloke.

I'm more impressed with the turnaround at half time than I am the previous wins tbh. Very encouraging. I expected more of the same and threw in the towel at half time until I heard Chuk came on, glad the players had more fighting spirit than I did :D 

• Like 1

Some great performances all round but Watkins for me stood out , he looked like the one we have been raving about , we were superb as a team tbh , citeh were so strong tonight but they didn’t let us just get back into the game by taking there foot off the gas we forced ourselves into it ! Well done!! UTV !!!

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I'm more impressed with the turnaround at half time than I am the previous wins tbh. Very encouraging. I expected more of the same and threw in the towel at half time until I heard Chuk came on, glad the players had more fighting spirit than I did :D 

Whether you were a Smith fan or not almost anyone could see that his subs and reacting later in games to what the other team was doing was 100% his biggest weakness, if we can improve on that I’ll be much happier.

• Like 2

Missed first 20 mins as my train was delayed. Sounds like I missed City’s best period. Their first goal I have to say that maybe Emi could’ve done better? Second was a wonderstrike by one of their ‘emergency’ starters.

Whatever SG said at half time worked a treat. We were excellent second half and potentially deserved to nick an equaliser. Chukwuemeka chance was golden, good save by Ederson though. Couldn’t tell if the Konsa one should’ve been a pen or not but no surprise Kevin Friend didn’t think so.

Watkins, Young, Cash, Nakamba all good. Voted Dougie MOTM, loved seeing him with the shackles off in a more attacking role.

I didn’t clap or boo Grealish but thought the “Villa til I die” chant was perfect for his entry to the field. Loudest I’ve heard that song in a long time. City looked rattled in the second half so hope we take some confidence into Sunday against a Leicester team who can definitely be got at.

UTV

• Like 2

Well we gave it a real good go in the second half. Suprised Ashley Young hasn't got more MOTM nominations, he completely changed the complexion of the game for me. 

We could have snatched something, hell we deserved to snatch something, I still can't believe the keeper saved that from Chuck. 

So proud of all the lads, nearly but not quite. 

Villa till I die. 

• Like 2

Â