• Watkins
    • Bailey
    • Young (Bailey 31)
    • Chukwuemeka (Targett 67)
    • Sanson (Nakamba 71)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/12/21 at 23:59

Saw enough there for optimism.  Manchester City are one of the best teams on the planet right now, we hung in there and the second half performance was a good reaction.  Some big performances too, felt Cash, Young, Luiz and Ollie all played very well. Buendia looks increasingly confident and Carney & Sanson will be happy with their cameos.   

The Gerrard project is looking good. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

No disgrace in this, they are light years ahead of us, SG and co said the right things at half time which got a bit more out of us. Emi2 improvement but obv more to come. 

Nice to here a few boos, anyine with a problem with is from cloud cuckoo, you don't sell your soul to the devil and expect to have your arse kissed, **** him.

probably the best Mike Dean performance I've seen, barely hindered the game 

Exactly this, Villa Til I Die was excellent response to Grealish, a few boos and even some clapping. I was personally shouting f off at the telly, but that's just me. I'm glad I'm Villa

• Like 4

Just now, VillanousOne said:

Poor first half, but magnificant second with plenty of really improved individual performances, hope Bailey isn't crocked again

he hasn't exactly set the world alight so I don't mind us rotating him. honestly though, he does seem very fragile which is a bit of a worry.

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I thought that. Tbh, it feels like it isn't the first time that's happened. 

Unfortunately I agree. This hasn't been his season so far. He hasn't been bad... but we need him to fetch us some points by himself, and he hasn't done that.

Good performance in the end, showed a lot of fight and spirit but lacked a bit of quality and ball retention. You can feel that the new patterns and systems still haven’t completely sunk in yet but it’s very promising after only 2 weeks. I know it’s city but we need to have more possession than that against them in the future. The graphic showed 29% after about 70mins. But overall pleasantly surprised and it definitely wasn’t the usual capitulation against city.

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

Exactly this, Villa Til I Die was excellent response to Grealish, a few boos and even some clapping. I was personally shouting f off at the telly, but that's just me. I'm glad I'm Villa

I was sitting a little bit more quietly. I'm also glad I'm Villa ;)

• Like 1

After 4 mins I feared the worst

After 43 mins I feared 5-0 would be a good result for us

so fair play to the manager and players for digging in and despite  the views of the commentators on Amazon , causing City a lot of problems in that second half.

Luiz looked good out there and I thought Sanson gave us a few glimpses of what he might be able to bring to the team. Mings seemed to be getting abuse in the match thread but I thought he put his body on the line all the way through that game 

and Mike Dean didn’t make the game all about him … big surprise there 

i get he’s young etc but I don’t think Chuck is going to fit the Gerrard system , he just seems way too laid back , didn’t press enough… I think  he needs a few years to develop I hope he does it with Villa and doesn’t get blinded by the talk about clubs eyeing him up.

Leicester look beatable at the moment , let’s hope we can turn them over on Sunday 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Luiz, Young, Marv, Ollie brilliant. Good second half, far too nervous first half.

They just have far too much even for the top sides. To have any chance they need an off day and you need to be at 100%.

Thought Jack was going to cry. He made plenty of young Villa fans cry, so good. All 4 sides screaming VTID was the perfect response to him coming on.

Onwards and upwards. Fancy us against Lesta

• Like 1

Think Foden would have made the difference for them, so glad he didn't get a game.

Great second half though, if we started like that, we may have got something.

Shout out to Luiz, Sanson, Buendia, they have all got some skills, need to see it a bit more consistent.

Â