• Watkins
    • Bailey
    • Young (Bailey 31)
    • Chukwuemeka (Targett 67)
    • Sanson (Nakamba 71)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/12/21 at 23:59

14 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

Good 2nd half. 

Tough Motm which is rare for a defeat but nakamba, luiz, watkins and young all played very well. 

Was going to post exactly the same thing about the same four players. Very unusual for it to be hard to know who to give MOTM to in a defeat as you say, but really there isn't anyone who was poor, I think every last one of them can leave with their head held high after giving it a real go against a top top side.

The booing sounded every bit as lame as I expected it would, singing VTID was a much better response.

On to Leicester with a spring in our step.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Jack looked rattled when he getting ready to come on - did he think the fans would also lay on the red carpet? He tried to pass it off with a wink but it clear as day.

He got the reception he was almost certainly expecting.  Has to have been somewhat overwhelming when he was on the touch line waiting to come on though, Villa has been his life for so many years and he’s still gonna have a lot of love for the club.  I’m glad he only got five minutes, it means we can both exorcise the awkwardness.  

Very good performance against a team full of quality players.

We damn near got a draw which would not have been undeserved.

The coaching team are doing wonders in a very short time. A number of players still have not hit their stride, so more to come.

Really looking forward to seeing what we can do.

Was tempted to leave it at half time, but what a superb second half. Really had them rattled. We were worth a point today. 

Luiz excellent, Ollie back on form and starting to see Buendia make things happen though still sloppy at times. 

For all the chat about our midfield, I reckon if Sanson stays fit (big if I know) it's going to be tough choices who to play. He has some lovely touches. 

Feeling positive after that. 

The goals they scored, long range from a defender, and a worldie.  We controlled the rest one way or another.   We'll done boys👍 proud of how far we've come and glad the explayer didn't have any impact on the result, which is now normal for him 😀 

• Like 2

Almost everyone played well today so no complaints here we just lost to a better team like most will do this season.

Looking at the bigger picture we’re still at least 2-3 players short for a top 6 push, ultimately can’t see enough quality there to even get top half unfortunately… not even sure where we need to be strengthening any more but we can’t just keep throwing money at players and hoping for the best, this really could be a long process, hopefully Gerrard is the man for the project.

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Just looking at the Konsa penalty shout  .. I know every commentator  on the planet disagrees but Ake made no contact on the ball and goes through the back of Konsa 

when Kane cheated and got a pen against us last season he was nowhere near the ball , heck the ball was out of play and he hit the deck and got a pen … can’t really see why this one wasn’t a pen  

Kevin Friend in charge of VAR. That's why. 

Â