• Watkins
    • Bailey
    • Young (Bailey 31)
    • Chukwuemeka (Targett 67)
    • Sanson (Nakamba 71)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/12/21 at 23:59

17 hours ago, Chine said:

Not sure about the Cash 5 , Sterling was lively and hardwork , I thought Cash did well and was better than that 

You're right Sterling was lively, a big threat all night, I just thought Cash struggled to contain him (though he kept plugging away). Maybe I expect more from him, I would have liked him to leave one on him (easier said than done) but I suppose risking going down to 10 isn't really advisable. We wouldn't have seen the ball again 🙈. I was disappointed with the over weighted cross he made that led to their second goal and he had another easy ball to Buendia which he completely didn't see / chose to try an harder ball, that was a real chance of putting us in front. But that said maybe a tad harsh 👍

• Like 1

On 01/12/2021 at 22:12, El Zen said:

We gave it a far better go than I expected us to. That second half was excellent, and we were closer to drawing level than they were a third. 

Such a telling point. 

I actually said at half time after the devastating blow of the late second goal that the final result would be more likely 4 - 0 than 2 - 2, but I was so so wrong. Great performance from the boys and 2 - 2 would have been well deserved. 

On 01/12/2021 at 16:15, Mozzavfc said:

Disappointed with how much Mike Dean let them get away with. Constant fouls, and no cards

too some extent, I agree, but it's not Mike Dean .... the modern pro refs do not card tactical fouls in the the final third of the pitch.  Not as long as you make it look like an honest attempt to get the ball.  for my money, I would rather coach Ollie, Ings, Buendia, AEG, Young and any one else pushed up forward to use it to the same effect.  At least until referee instructors and assessors catch on.

23 hours ago, Herman22 said:

I didn’t get a chance to see the game live but caught the highlights. Seems we played well. Limited City to an XG of 1. 
A draw would have been a great result, on to the next one with some real confidence. 
I’ve said it many times on here but Luiz’s best position is as a box to box midfielder. I think he’ll thrive in there. Also great to see Chuk getting some minutes, if only he’d put that chance away. 
All round a very decent performance! 

ditto

• Like 1

On 01/12/2021 at 22:15, Mozzavfc said:

Disappointed with how much Mike Dean let them get away with. Constant fouls, and no cards

Yeah, absolutely bizarre how many on here have said what a good game he had. Let them get away with never ending cycles of fouls everytime we had the smallest sniff of an attack. Not sure how anyone can praise that.  It's actually worse and more damaging than missing a couple of obvious fouls. 

On 01/12/2021 at 22:35, tonyh29 said:

All about opinions but I thought Sterling ran him ragged all game … lucky Sterling had no end product really 

Sterling has run far far better players than Cash ragged all game......then have no end product. 

On 01/12/2021 at 23:15, Peter Griffin said:

It must have been more than 400m. Jack 100m, Diaz 60m, Sterling 50m, Rodri 56m, Cancelo 58m, Mahrez 60m. That's 380m and only 6 players

And yet we spend £100m and the football World is up in arms with the audacity of it. 

Â