Pre-Match Thread

Nigel

7 minutes ago, romavillan said:

We must have a pretty shit record in London in general but that's crazy, was it a Lambert win too?

I think so, it was Tuesday 2nd December 2014. 1-0. When Benteke scored I heard the roar of the Villa fans with my windows open in my flat 200m away and I thought 'oh no, 1-0 to Palace' as the roar was so loud! What a nice surprise two minutes later on the BBC livetext!  : >

Edited by robby b

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Not sure about Young starting on the wing. He was awful first game against Watford there. Not much creativity in this starting 11.

I like the idea of dropping Ings and Buendia though. Gerrard has high demands and expectations, you need to live up to them. 

I think it’s a different role than under DS against Watford. Our front three will be narrow which will help Young as he lacks that yard of pace now. 

Just now, Robtaylor200 said:

Beat them 4:1at their place on 11 December 2012 in quarter final League cup

. I won £83 

That was Norwich.

All I can remember is that 1-0 in 2014 when Benteke scored running from halfway line (they battered us for most of the game) and beating Wimbledon 2-0 in 1997.

Even under O'Neill we only scraped a 2-2 late on in the FA cup when we were top 6 and they were mid table in championship so yeah outside of Manchester it's one away ground we never seem to turn up whatever our form.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Save up your " Likes " and reactions lads, got a feeling we will need them for better or worse at the end of this 90 😂

Oh man I wanted to like this but now you’ve made me wary of giving them out!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The 36 year old Italian Champions winning player you mean? Who did this under one of the toughest and highest rated managers in the world?

As well as has more pedigree and footballing achievements than 90 percent of our squad?

Narratives don't change facts mate.

Nah that’s what they want us to think mate. The truth is Luiz and Beundia had a punch up and Carney got a few sneaky digs in while trying to break it up. All three want to leave now. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Not sure about Young starting on the wing. He was awful first game against Watford there. Not much creativity in this starting 11.

I like the idea of dropping Ings and Buendia though. Gerrard has high demands and expectations, you need to live up to them. 

Can’t say I’m that impressed either. Will be delighted to be proved wrong.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So, who will Zaha try to start a fight with today?

Hopefully himself. He must have run out of folk by now. 

'That Zaha, I hate him sooooo much'

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

That was Norwich.

All I can remember is that 1-0 in 2014 when Benteke scored running from halfway line (they battered us for most of the game) and beating Wimbledon 2-0 in 1997.

Even under O'Neill we only scraped a 2-2 late on in the FA cup when we were top 6 and they were mid table in championship so yeah outside of Manchester it's one away ground we never seem to turn up whatever our form.

Your right, I am having a melt down, going to go back and delete that post derr, 

Steven Gerrard has explained his two changes today with Leon Bailey and Ashley Young in for Emi Buendia and Danny Ings respectively.

Gerrard said:

Leon Bailey obviously came back late from international duty, who's still finding 100 per cent fitness if you like. He's trained ever so well and he's looked dangerous and we're going to need that at times.

Danny Ings has had one or two little moments, little niggles, so it's more of a protection with Danny.

If any one player has picked up all of our information really well who's applied himself top it's Ashley Young who deserves his start.