Pre-Match Thread

Nigel

will be interesting to see the starting 11, worth remembering that the team that started the last game didnt win the game (although they didnt lose it either), it was the team on the pitch in the last 20 mins odd that did.

They've been my surprise team of the season, playing good football under Vieira, unbeaten at home, and for some stupid reason we struggle to win there.

At the very least we really need to avoid losing this. They are unbeaten there but only won twice and some weak teams have gone there and got a point. 

Could really do with another win though as a draw won't move us away from this shite position we're in and our next 3 are tough. Hopefully we can end our hoodoo there.

Obvious threats are Gallagher and Zaha and a rejuvenated Benteke whose career I thought was over years ago. We have a lot of threats of our own though and I think we'll score at least one so if we defend well and don't do anything stupid at the back we can get a good result. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So we have the worst away record in the league. They have the 6th best home record in the league. Normally everything would be pointing to a Palace win so it will be interesting to see how we handle this game. 

One thing I’ve noticed about our away games this season is how poorly we’ve started games.  (United  only exception).  This for me has been a mental and preparation issue. Avoiding defeat tomorrow or at the very least getting to half time without being behind will be some sort of progress. 

We are underachieving though for sure. Whether they are overachieving or are actually quite good I don't know, time will tell. They've got some good players like Zaha, Gallagher and Andersen (and Eze may be back for them today) but also a fair few weak players in their team. 

We may lost today as anyone can lose against anyone in the Premier League, especially away from home, but one thinks people are going overboard with how good Palace are, we've recently lost five games in a row and sacked a manager because of our bad form and despite that they're still only three points ahead of us. It's a game we should be looking to win.

Palace had slow start to the season, struggled to score.

Since then battled back from two goals down to Leicester, beat a very in form Wolves comfortably and should've won at Arsenal whereas we got battered there a few days later. They should have 4-5 more points on the board I think.

I've been pretty impressed with what Vieria has achieved in 3-4 months. Under Roy they were functional but pretty dull to watch most weeks, now they're a pretty entertaining team to watch.

We will have to defend well today. Would be glad all over to take a point.

13 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

We are underachieving though for sure. Whether they are overachieving or are actually quite good I don't know, time will tell. They've got some good players like Zaha, Gallagher and Andersen (and Eze may be back for them today) but also a fair few weak players in their team. 

I heard If they avoid defeat today it’s unbeaten at home for 7 games - a record for them in the top flight from start of a season. Definitely over achieving.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I heard If they avoid defeat today it’s unbeaten at home for 7 games - a record for them in the top flight from start of a season. Definitely over achieving.

Yeah tough game todau and if we lose thats 6 losses in 7. Truly awful form with tougher games to come. Come on the Villa keep the feel good going