Pre-Match Thread

Nigel

11 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I’m not a fan of the Buendia attitude false narrative being thrown around constantly. It came out in the press that Young impressed in their first training sessions and had a good spell when he came on against Brighton. I think Gerrard wants to tap into his experience 

YEah total non story the Buendia attitude thing, he shook hands when he went off and was frustrated at his own game, he works his **** socks off and it's not coming off for him so far on the ball (even though he's our most creative player so far this season stats wise). He was getting frustrated at other things going badly for the team too. His attitude is fine, he's had more key passes per game than any other player and he'll come good for us. Not sure why he's becoming public enemy number one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I just cant wait to see us in this sexy white strip again

Yes they are very sexy. It would be even better to see them wearing nothing at all wouldn't it

• Confused 1

Not sure about Young starting on the wing. He was awful first game against Watford there. Not much creativity in this starting 11.

I like the idea of dropping Ings and Buendia though. Gerrard has high demands and expectations, you need to live up to them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Hope they bring Riedewald on, I think his cameo at VP last season might be about the worst performance I've seen in the PL for a number of years. Made Andre Gomes look like a supersub.

Genuinely thought he was half cut when he came on 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, Steero113 said:

Genuinely thought he was half cut when he came on 🤣

I can't actually remember many of the specifics except feeling an acute sense of embarrassment of his behalf, and him burying one of his 'efforts on goal' into the upper tier of the North Stand.