Pre-Match Thread

Nigel

5 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Ashley Young impressing last week so starts.

Ings not impressing so dropped!

Think its got more to do with rotation and choosing the right attributes for each game tbf

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Considering Young's age and Bailey's probable lack of match fitness, they will prob need to come off around 60-70 mins.

Not sure what kind of press we will get out of that front 3.

I fancy Emi2 to get on later with the bit between his teeth and really kick off his Villa career.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

JJ and Luiz will start.

When's he signing a new deal again?😉

Interesting team news. Had a hunch Ings would be taken out which is Gerrard flexing his muscle nicely. Wouldn't have started Young as lively as he was last week, guess it's to counter Zaha a bit more.

For all the grief Marvellous gets he is starting ahead of Luiz and Sanson. Gerrard clearly picking the team based on how u are currently performing in most recent game and I assume training as opposed to picking based on you name or transfer fee. It is good to see he is not trying to force Ings and Ollie into the same team

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Other than Young having a good game last week, and Buendia being out of form?

Young had a decent 8 minutes. If you're getting dropped for a 36 year old with a decent 8 minutes something is wrong.

I'm going presume it's because Buendia and his constant moaning last week was noted.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

What the **** is this shite.

Is anyone actually following referees and their careers?

Yeah I play Top Trumps with refs…love it.  

Extra points for more yellow cards

Extra points for favouring elite clubs

Dismissing bang on penalties for smaller clubs gets bonus points

Try to make a name for themselves

Missing obvious things gets higher ratings

All quality categories on the Top Trump score cards

Just came up on Twitter really for ‘Aston Villa news’.  I’m sure some geek follows and creates content for refs though and there must be a following for it given it’s come up as news.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

is this an actual full strength squad now?, cant think of anyone missing from the 20 there that would prob be guaranteed to get in that 20?

Traore

Edited by romavillan
  • Like 1

Young was good when he came on last week so makes sense he start today. Bailey needs to impress with a very strong bench ready to take his place. 
I think SG will love Watkins work rate up top, he’s a press machine. 
Glad to see Marv start again, I thought he was good last week but glad to have Doug back on the bench. All three midfielders could be replaced with those on the bench. Luiz, Chuk and Sanson. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Buendia dropped for a 36 year old. Can't be anything other than attitude.

I don't think there's a problem with his attitude, he tries, but there is a problem with his confidence. I bet it's above all down to being our record signing and all the massive pressure and expectation that comes with that. Against Brighton I thought he looked anxious walking out onto the pitch just before kick-off and a few times during the game too. I really hope he can turn the situation around and be successful at Villa.

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1