Michael Beale

maqroll

14 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

This should be the case playing with the likes of Digne and Coutinho not Neil Taylor and Hourihane.

We are going to get better again next season. We're spending too much money not to. It's whether we're spending the money well, and whether the manager is maximising the resources on offer.

A back 5 with Emi, Cash, Konsa and Mings with Luiz at 6 has been in place the majority of the past two seasons. We aren't suddenly more defensively solid because of Digne, expecially when there's been a lot of talk on here that at least one of that back 5's performances have gone massively backwards this season.

I'd be more confident we were spending the money well if we knew how we'd be setting up the team, having spent six months getting players used to that way of playing and gearing up for a summer of replacing the players that don't fit it. Hopefully Beale leaving doesn't change this too much.

28 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

You are literally putting graphs in a monkeys face with me.

I have absolutely no idea what it means, but insane stuff like that is why I love the English language.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think my larger point is obvious.

From what I've read, just some of the negatives on SG are:

- " Just because you're a good player, doesn't mean you're a good manager/coach " ( the only reason he was apparently hired )

- " Took to long to have any success in a 2 horse tin pot league " etc.

- " Was hired because he's Purslows mate "

- " Liverpool Legend "

However Xabi Alonso would be outstanding for us because he has/is:

- " Was an elite player " ( So was SG )

- " Was an Intelligent player " ( So was SG )

- " Has played under some of the best Managers in the World " ( So has SG )

- " Coaches Real Sociedad B Team " ( SPL achievement is shite, but Real Sociedad B Management is adequate )

You also rebut that " SG has won nothing like Xabi Alonso has " . Be honest here, the only reason for that is because he CHOSE to stay at his boyhood club, he literally could have gone to ANY of the clubs Alonso went to and picked up trophies.

This has less to do with Xabi Alonso being class, and more to do with the hilarious irony, for me.

Of course Alonso is class, the bare faced hypocrisy and contradictions, not so much. lol

So in essence, Alonso would make an outstanding coach for us, for all the same reasons, Gerrard won't.

It’s why I don’t even bother engaging anymore mate.   its not a reasoned debate, it’s just an irrational disliking of the man. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think my larger point is obvious.

From what I've read, just some of the negatives on SG are:

- " Just because you're a good player, doesn't mean you're a good manager/coach " ( the only reason he was apparently hired )

- " Took to long to have any success in a 2 horse tin pot league " etc.

- " Was hired because he's Purslows mate "

- " Liverpool Legend "

However Xabi Alonso would be outstanding for us because he has/is:

- " Was an elite player " ( So was SG )

- " Was an Intelligent player " ( So was SG )

- " Has played under some of the best Managers in the World " ( So has SG )

- " Coaches Real Sociedad B Team " ( SPL achievement is shite, but Real Sociedad B Management is adequate )

You also rebut that " SG has won nothing like Xabi Alonso has " . Be honest here, the only reason for that is because he CHOSE to stay at his boyhood club, he literally could have gone to ANY of the clubs Alonso went to and picked up trophies.

This has less to do with Xabi Alonso being class, and more to do with the hilarious irony, for me.

Of course Alonso is class, the bare faced hypocrisy and contradictions, not so much. lol

So in essence, Alonso would make an outstanding coach for us, for all the same reasons, Gerrard won't.

Maybe if had of read my initial comment it would have saved you typing out all that drivel since I never once put Alonso name down as a desired manager, I just said of the high profile players I would trust him more than others. Gerrard is not the only high profile manager to get a job with no experience in recent times

He also wasnt an elite midfielder hence why he never played centre midfield in his prime :P 

but thats for another topic since its like North Korea and our manager was the greatest player ever and probably the greatest manager ever 

Shit, two preseasons in a row our head coach loses their historical right hand man. Beale is very highly thought of, massive appointment now for Gerrard now to replace him. Especially if it was true that shape and tactics were down to Beale. 

8 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Shit, two preseasons in a row our head coach loses their historical right hand man. Beale is very highly thought of, massive appointment now for Gerrard now to replace him. Especially if it was true that shape and tactics were down to Beale. 

But hasn't most folks arguments been that shape and tactics we're shite. Surely this would be good for us then. 

I really can't keep up with everything.

1 hour ago, Herman22 said:

There is no doubt SG will be devastated to lose him. He always said Beale was the hand on ‘coach’ and that he’s need ri work in football for 20years to have as much experience as him.

We have to recruit well here! 

I foresee more excuses if we’re struggling in 11th or 12th again next season.

Had enough of it. If Gerrard can’t step up without Beale he’ll be out. He didn’t exactly do a great job even with Beale there for 6 months last season. 

4 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I foresee more excuses if we’re struggling in 11th or 12th again next season.

Had enough of it. If Gerrard can’t step up without Beale he’ll be out. He didn’t exactly do a great job even with Beale there for 6 months last season. 

Well, he should be...but that would be a failure for Purslow as well so I imagine he'll be willing to give as many excuses as necessary.

Hopefully we click on the pitch, get some width in our attacking play and are sat around the top 8 all season.

• Like 1

Xabi Alonso seems to be very well spoken about at Real Sociedad... did a good job over his three years there with the B team. He is going to be linked with a million jobs - have already seen speculation about Club Brugge, Sevilla, Cadiz...  

• Like 1

It's all a bit concerning tbh. By all accounts Beale is exceptional as a coach, the Rangers fans I know swear he was the bigger loss rather than Gerrard himself but then I think there were a few sour grapes in there maybe too as it was just after they had left for Villa Park! 

Obviously we need a top notch replacement rather quickly as this may even affect the type of players we need to sign.

Edited by danceoftheshamen

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

You are literally putting graphs in a monkeys face with me. 

59 minutes ago, Gompedyret said:

I have absolutely no idea what it means, but insane stuff like that is why I love the English language.

I think it was certainly a string of English words but probably doesn't qualify as actual use of the English Language. 🙂

Also, a perfect example of the complete misuse of the term "literally" in modern day discourse.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

I think it was certainly a string of English words but probably doesn't qualify as actual use of the English Language. 🙂

Also, a perfect example of the complete misuse of the term "literally" in modern day discourse.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886kpu4ef6q6z00e3a3ow

• Haha 4

Â