Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Can anyone who watched rangers under gerrard confirm if they olayed like the way we do? I appreciate the scottish league is very poor in comparison to PL outside celtic and rangers but i dont recall seeing rangers playing this style of football

I made the comment the other day, but he doesn't care about the team, the way we play, or the club.

Everything he is doing now is all about self preservation and looking after his image. 

At Rangers he was never under this kind of pressure.

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I'm still waiting for a Gerrard fan to tell me which player he has improved..... 

They don't have answers for anything. It's really clear he's out of his depth and can't do this job.

They've just gone a long way defending him and don't want to change their mind. A poor trait to carry with you in life.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

They don't have answers for anything. It's really clear he's out of his depth and can't do this job.

They've just gone a long way defending him and don't want to change their mind. A poor trait to carry with you in life.

I like to try and be objective as much as possible, but there is not one plausible reason that I can think of to keep him.

We'll just get fed "we can't keep sacking managers" "we need to give stability to the players"

Cool. Let's keep him until we're relegated and then we can hire Bruce to get us promoted, sack him when he doesn't, get Smith in to get us promoted. Then we'll be back here in 4 years time.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

Just watching this clip the official site put up today and realised we scored more league goals that one game than we have so far this whole season in the league under Gerrard football 🥹

Edited by nick76
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Just watching this clip the official site put up today and realised we scored more league goals that one game than we have so far this whole season in the league under Gerrard football 🥹

We had 19 goals and 15 points after 8 games that season compated to our now healthy 8 points

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We had 19 goals and 15 points after 8 games that season

That’s surely a lie?  Gerrard is struggling not because of him but because of the players at his disposal aren’t right/balanced/quality to do any of that and now you are saying that despite Smith adding further quality and Gerrard having two windows adding further quality that Gerrard should’ve had the ability to get more out of the squad than 8 points in 8 games? No, Gerrard isn’t the problem it’s the players so your FACTS are fake news surely? 😉😂

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We had 19 goals and 15 points after 8 games that season compated to our now healthy 8 points

More proof that nothing will stop this club strive for improvement season after season ....

Been a silent supporter of Gerrard since he started here and I believe all managers deserve their chance to put a stamp on the team and be allowed to see the vision through.

I was happy in the most part with the players he brought in and truly thought that this season with some of the signings we could push further up the table. I know I am late to the party but the Leeds game was awful, the subs were made far too late. For all his running I don't see what Ollie offers the team in terms of finishing and Ings and Emi should have had far more minutes on the pitch. The blind loyalty of picking Phillipe week in week out is getting more than frustrating. For me if results do not improve significantly before the international break he has to go.

I can fully understand why people want rid now but I think he should be given that time (wildly hoping for an Arteta style turnaround).

Just now, mrbojangles said:

I think he should be given that time (wildly hoping for an Arteta style turnaround).

I'd be all for giving him time if I could see what he was trying to do, if he was playing our best players and we looked on the cusp of something.

Unfortunately though, the reality is, he has literally no idea how to set up a coherent midfield (and attack), and he has favourites and blind spots for underperforming players.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

I'd be all for giving him time if I could see what he was trying to do, if he was playing our best players and we looked on the cusp of something.

Unfortunately though, the reality is, he has literally no idea how to set up a coherent midfield (and attack), and he has favourites and blind spots for underperforming players.

TBH this is what i am hoping for, he starts picking players on form. I genuinely believe that he could work out well for us but his mentality needs to change

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

TBH this is what i am hoping for, he starts picking players on form. I genuinely believe that he could work out well for us but his mentality needs to change

The last straw for me was not learning from the City game. He actually started Douglas and Kamara together, two players who are actually composed and can keep the ball - next game, he drops Douglas! It was criminal.

I actually think his footballing brain might be that simplistic that he actually believes we have to play two marauding midfielders (or what he views as marauding) against lesser teams so we can 'get at them'. I don't think he has any clue how to properly control a midfield/game.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Problem is mate, I think this is what most of us have been waiting for, however even among the most patient of us, it increasingly looks like it won't happen.

How long do you realistically wait?

• Like 1

Â